The grinch stole...

"Your a mean one, Mr. Grinch." The voice sang from the small radio that sat upon a cluttered counter, filled with cookies, important documents, and waffles. The gang had gathered for Christmas, and Jesper ensured them all that waking up at two in the morning was worth it. His smile was brilliant. "Jesper, I swear... what the hell is this about?" Asked a rough looking Matthias, his eyes were blurry with sleep. Wylan nodded in agreement, yawning childishly.
"Just wait..." "can we at least turn the radio off?" Nina muttered grouchily, nursing coffee between her hands. "No. It's for effect." "So, this has something to do with Kaz and his Scrooge or Grinch like behavior?" Inej summed up, the only one of them who was mostly up.

Jesper scowled, muttering a suddenly unenthusiastic "no..." she rolled her eyes at his childish antics before looking at all the decorations on the Van Eck Mansion, it was colored with silver, gold, green, and red tinsel, colored lights strung around all the curtain rods and anything Jesper could wrap it around. The air fresheners, all Christmas scents. A loud thud caught everyone's attention. "Here he comes.." whispered Jesper. "Nina, can you get your phone out?" She glared at him and pulled it out, sliding to the side to take a video. Anticipation swept over their heads like a blanket on top of a pillow fort. "Well?" The question was the trigger because in the next millisecond a silver cane caught Jesper's shoulder pulling him back from the line and Kaz moved in front, securing a hand on his throat before shoving the lanky boy up the nearest wall. "Say your prayers now, Fahey." Hissed a very pissed off Kaz, his eyes a spitting image of black fire and empty pools of rage. The tan boy was caught between laughing and choking as Kaz only closed his fingers tighter around him. Kaz' hair, a bright neon green and the top part having yellowish streaks like the Grinch.

Matthias's blue eyes went wide, Wylan dashed forward to save his boyfriend, Nina fell on her butt laughing and Inej just snorted while cracking a smile. "Heee...lll..pp!" Jesper wheezed, his face gettin red as Wylan tried prying Kaz off, without much effect. Matthias came over and tugged Kaz off by the collar, which was a bad mistake. Kaz pivoted on his feet and landed a strong punch right in the center of the yellow tulips face. That got Nina's attention quickly, she sat up and threw her hands out, everyone paused. Kaz snarled, his eyes feral as corpses started to come into the house. Jesper took deep breaths as Wylan helped him to his feet and Matthias cradled his nose, Inej had gone to get the medical kit, expecting this to happen. She couldn't stop Kaz, he taught her how to fight, he knew her style and could evade her defensive attacks easily, she knew he wouldn't kill them. It wasn't like that hadn't knocked each other around a few times before. When Kaz was mad, a red veil was on him, but he didn't lose all common sense. He'd never kill or mortally harm, most injuries he gave out where minor.

"Kaz, you need to stop fighting." "When hell freezes over!" He snarled, I'm the center of a mob of courses, fear and trauma only pumping his anger, his need to get out and protect himself. "Nina!" Inej yelled, upon seeing the scene, Kaz could only calm if things stopped going after him. "Help me get him under control!" "Than take away the corpses... damn it." Inej muttered upon seeing his wariness. She knew about his experiences, she didn't want him to lose the progress they made thanks to some dumb prank. She threw the medical kit onto the counter near Matty and pushed her way into the circle, back to back next to Kaz. Who was half fighting and half having a panic attack. Tremors pulled through his body as he slashed at grey skin. "Kaz... they are leaving now, it's okay... The color isn't permanent. You weren't planning on going to work anyway, everything is gonna be fine, she slowly put a hand on his shaking arm and felt him relax and slowly put away the weapon. Inej glared at Jesper. "Never, do that again." Jesper shrunk back and Inej sighed. "It's not your fault you didn't know, but be more careful! Next time, you could really get hurt." Inej scolded, looking at the others who started to calm down. Wylan saw to Jes, Nina to Matthias's nose and Inej had Kaz sit down on the couch and just calm down. "How about we just have some cookies and coffee?" Wylan suggested each person in turn nodded. Like any other blow up in the crows lives, the storm would pass over quickly.

Just a small, quick, worthless scene! Your welcome. And also, happy holidays. I'm trying to get some better stuff out to you guys but those take longer. Sorry for the wait!