Request: Love Crows

A few days and nights had passed, since that magical night under the stars. She had spent most that evening at Kaz's side, smiling and laughing with family, related or not. It had been their second wedding, the first being more legal, stiff, and under Ghezen's eyes.

It also had a rather dark afterparty at the Slat, and a lot of bets being called, and nothing like the Suli party her parents had thrown after their second marriage.

Then again, no one parties like the Suli.

That wedding felt more real, less about money and more about actual union and love. The party had been paid with Kaz's money, despite the fact Inej told him it wasn't necessary and a small wedding was fine, Kaz had outdone himself yet again in the simple extravagance of his gifts for her.

It had been one of those too glorious to be real, outdoor parties in one of the prettiest spots in Ravka, Nina was her maid of honor, and Jesper as Kaz's best man. Wylan as the pianist until one of Inej's cousins took over so that Wylan could dance and live a little.

Inej had never been so happy, so completed and perfect. It was parts of her childhood dream of a wedding come to life, and Kaz, every inch the man she had wanted for herself, though she would have been too blind to realize it at such an age.

Stripped of everything Barrel and crude, he was quite charming, and seemed perfect enough to cause jealousness in a few cousins. Whispered hisses of "does he have a brother?" In her ear, that Kaz had all too often saved her from, pulling her away to dance or talk with him and Jesper.

Her father had tried to warn Kaz, that though he thought of him as a son, Inej was his priority and he would revenge her broken heart. Kaz had reassured the elderly man, that if anyone was to avenge Inej's heart, it would be herself, and Kaz feared her wrath too much to ever dare. She had smiled at that, squeezing Kaz's hand and then kissing her father's cheek. Her Mother had hugged Kaz, and wiped away teary eyes as she welcomed Kaz into the family officially.

As the party slowly dwindled down, Kaz and Inej had snuck away into a quieter glade, sectioned off by a few trees, and that stood proudly above the sea. The moonlight had turned the grass silver, and the world was drunk on the moon's shine.
The cold wind ruffled up against them as Kaz kissed her softly, holding her close in the deep night and whispering into the darkness, "thank you, for giving me a family again." Inej's heart soared, and in a hush he whispered the words Inej craved. "I love you."

"What are you smiling about, Treasure?" He whispered, Inej startled. Glancing back at Kaz, then smiling and reaching over to take Kaz's hand.
"You, these past few days, the wedding, everything. It's so much, more than I could dream of, let alone ask for." She said shakily, but her smile grew with every word.
Kaz grinned crookedly, and Inej felt her heart warm.

He was hers.

He was a thief, a barrel rat, a bastard, a Demjin, Dirtyhands, and the King of Ketterdam, and she loved him. His faults and his misgivings, and his kindness, his moments of goodness. He was a good man, whether he was willing to admit it or not.
And now, he was hers.

She had changed a lot, she wasn't Inej Ghafa anymore, not just because of the ring on her finger. She wasn't an acrobat, or a Suli girl any more. She wasn't Kaz's spider anymore, and she never was the Lynx. She was the Wraith, she was Inej Rietveld. She had scars and blades and she'd bare them both.
She was his, in the same way he was hers, partners. Equals.

Rain fell onto the rooftop, turning the house into a quiet hush. They had just gotten 'back' from their honeymoon. In all actuality, they just changed locations, but were still isolated from friends and family beside each other. Inej found she didn't mind  much, it was nice to have Kaz without his armor.