Five more minutes...

Two years ago, Kaz had taken off his gloves for Inej and held her hand with a small shiver. A month after that he stopped shivering. Two months later he was able to pull her close, and three he was able to give her soft and affectionate touches, a brush of his hand over her cheek. Inej had her own struggles as well. Piece by piece, brick by brick and one by one they narrowed the list of problems with their relationship down to none.

The time they spent as friends, learning about their real selves with the other, their relationship before all of it made them such a stronger couple. Right now though, they were both vulnerable. But neither cared, for in this moment it was as if the world had never touched them, never marked them with its brand. Never tortured and free of blood.

Kaz and Inej were curled together on the bed, wrapped in each other's arms, their eyes were closed and to an unwary eye they might even seem asleep. Kaz had gotten up hours ago and Inej shortly following. Neither wanted to move and the fact that today was Inej's last day in Ketterdam did nothing to help motivate them. Inej sighed, humming happily as she buried her face into the crook of Kaz's neck. He pulled her a little closer in return, eyes fluttering open. Inej whispered softly "Kaz... I have to go." Kaz gave a small growl, nuzzling her. "Five more minutes..." he pleaded softly, Inej felt her heart melt and a smile pull onto her lips.

Inej opened her eyes and met his blazing topaz that simmered with an intensity of adoration and passion that he held in for so long. Inej crawled closer, burying her face into his shirt. "Your going to make me late.." Inej grumbled, Kaz chuckled, his chest vibrating. "You don't seem too distraught about that." He said smugly, Inej rolled her eyes. "You've been spending too much time with Jesper." Kaz shrugged, kissing her neck gently, Inej huffed running a hand through his disheveled feathery hair, sunlight catching it creating a black to brown to red coloring in it. "Sorry Kaz, but I do have to go, I promise I'll make it quick." Inej said, kissing his cheek as she pulled away from him and hopped off the bed.

Kaz scowled in Inej's direction, watching her head toward the door. He sat up as well, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and reaching for his cane. He hated winter, and the pressure was already causing him pain. "You always say that.." he accused her. Inej smiled over her shoulder at him before turning and wrapping her arms around his neck loosely. "I keep my promises." "Short is not six months, Inej." He said dryly, but let his forehead press against hers, she smirked at him. "Better than two years, like I should be doing." Kaz sighed, kissing her quickly. "I love you, Ghafa. Come back safe, please." He murmured, words he use to lock up tightly now meant something.

Inej kissed his jaw quickly and playfully smiled at him "I know you do, Rietveld. Same goes for you, no crazy heists while I'm gone." Inej said sternly. "But the others are so boring.." he groaned, acting for once, like a seventeen year old, even though he was nineteen now, but Inej was just glad that he was able to act somewhere with in his age. She glared at him, causing him to chuckle and nod. "I'll try." He muttered, canines glittering in the early sun rise. Inej gave a small sigh as she moved away from him, "You really need to stop hanging with Jes." Inej told him with a teasing tone. He tilted his head, eyes glowing with longing and hidden message that Inej knew if she looked at him too long she would fall right back to him. Said hidden message was simple, but it meant everything to both of them because it meant they cared and loved and needed each other....

Stay. Five more minutes... because any more time with each other, what they were doing, where they were.. none of that mattered, not even how much time together it was, because in five minutes so much could happen. They always longed to have the other by their side and they always operated the best when their partner in crime was right beside them. "I have to go." Inej told him more firmly, he nodded once. Inej ran a reassuring hand through his hair and then vanished like the Wraith she was, knowing very well that he would be standing on that dock, acting nonchalant and waiting for his spider to come home.