🎃Party Crashers and the stumbling mummy🎃

It was nice, there was dancing and drinking and party stuff. The emerald palace was alive with lions and witches and green and orange lights replacing the ordinary gold. Kaz was paranoid when the invitation arrived, but Inej dragged him along and reassured him several times that the new gang leader wanted them as allies. Kaz however, wanted to destroy this place, not allow someone to take it over and if this new leader kept the originals business, clearly he liked him. Maybe enough to get back at them for putting him so low in the gutter that he couldn't show his face, maybe he knew that Kaz was still going after him. Kaz has been gathering information the way he use to. He knew Pekka ran the Dime Lions form behind a mask, so it was about time he continued his journey on revenge. He had managed to escape even the Wraiths watch and gain intel she didn't hold. He began to include teaching crows to be his eyes and ears, having them go certain places and eavesdrop, then return when ready and by using Morse code he was able to find what the words were and therefore gather information. In the beginning it was difficult with the birds leaving half way through that lead to dramatic cliff hangers and listening in to the wrong person. After a few more months, Kaz trained a special fleet to do it perfectly, he realized If he sent two crows that were good at it and about three that weren't he would get the details of the big deals and the small stuff that meant things to him. One bird, a large female learned his strategy and made a deal that if he feed them they would go out, and she learned the code rather than to recite what they heard. Kaz originally, was very freaked out.

Now, as his fingers slid through ledgers and his heart beat to the bass of the pounding music below, he heard her tap on the window to hurry up from his favorite crow. The door banged. "Who is in there!" Called the voice of none other than Pekka Rollins. "Well, shit." Kaz growled under his  breath. He pulled out the huge binder of ledgers and opened the window, handing it to the crow, the as it flapped off he turned and jogged over to the cabinet, closing it with his cane and quickly locking it so it would take time for Pekka to find of which folder was missing. Kaz managed to get to the door as he heard Pekka calling for guards. So Kaz did not have the time He was hoping. Quickly tugging the door open with Pekka's hand still attached to the knob so it dragged him into the room Kaz quickly slammed his cane into the back of his neck, it wouldn't be long before the guards saw that their master would be out for hours, if he could get to the crowd unnoticed they wouldn't be able to- "Stop!" "Shit! Is nothing going right tonight..." Kaz snarled, taking his way down the stairs and hoping over the side to land on the ground floor, his knee threatened to buckle at the sudden weight but he forced himself up and onto his feet, finding his Wraith and Nina at one side of the bar, he slipped through the party goers with ease and made his way towards them. "We need to get out of here, now." Kaz snarled as he came up behind them, causing Nina to nearly drop her drink as she startled and Inej to turn around with disappointment glittering in her eyes.

"Why? Like I said before- your just being paranoid-"  "I'm not! I'll explain when we leave but the guards of the house are after me and since their Dime lions, they know how important you are and will therefore be after you too." "I swear Kaz, I'm going to kill you." Nina growled, standing up. "Join the club." He hissed back. "Enough. This won't get either of you anywhere. Me and Nina will find Jesper, Wylan, and Matthias. Kaz, you should go." "They will expect me to run, I'll stay around the party, head toward the doors but don't act like your leaving. I'll meet you there when it's clear." "What did you even do!" Inej hissed, "I stole some documents and hit Pekka on the head. Now go!" He snapped, turning into the kitchen. Inej groaned and calmly made her way through the crowds of people. She spotted Wylan and Matthias talking to a group of logical and more sober party-goers. "Fellas! It's time to go home!"  Nina giggled, practically falling on Matthias to give the others the idea of just what might be happening when they get home and the urgency. They soon vanished. "Where Jesper?" Suddenly, a mummy that seemed very familiar came stumbling down, his mask askew as he ran a hand across his mouth, "MmMmy  WyLaN" He said, in a voice that sounded like it was still drowning in alcohol. "That's not good.." Inej said softly, she just wanted to go to a party tonight. Why did this always happen? "We need to go. Now." She hissed, spotting the guards shouldering through the crowds. They went toward the entrance and opened the door, the guards shouted and Kaz appeared from the corners, the teens took off toward their car, technically Wylan's Minnie Van, or the Mom car. "You'll need the keys!" Complained Wylan, trying to search while running and not trip. "I stole them earlier." He reached the door and started the car, the others hoping in, Jesper tripping in with a drunk giggle. Kaz looked at Matthias and Wylan apologetically. "Wy, if you don't have a bucket, your going to need to stick his head out the window. He's too drunk to take get away driving." Wylan and Matthias shared a horrified glance before scrambling to move the lanky body to the now opening window as Kaz pulled the clutch out of park and pushed his foot on the gas, the tires squealed and they were off, the guards on their trail. "Is this how fast this thing goes?" Kaz snapped, glaring at the speed meter. "It's not one of your fancy cars Kaz. It isn't made for street racing." Kaz sighed, taking a hard turn and nearly throwing them into a flip. Inej had her fingers dug into the dash and Jesper could be heard losing his lunch outside the car. "What did you even steal?" "Their documents. All of them." Kaz snapped back at her, turning the car into a cramped alley, and waiting as the other cars zoomed by, thinking they went down another turn, Jesper clambered back into the car and wiped his mouth with the tissues Wylan kept handy. "Your a bad driver..." he said, hiccuping. "Only when I have a crappy Minne Van to get away in." Kaz snapped, Inej turned to Jesper. "Didn't you come as a vampire?" "He did." Wylan answered lookin confused before looking down to see that Jesper was dressed as a mummy. Matthias could care less, he was glaring at Kaz. "Why would you do that!?!" "One it's good for my business and two, you guys are the one who so strongly pushed the Halloween spirit. What a perfect excuse to act like the devil I am." Kaz said, smiling darkly into the rear view mirror, his eyes catching Matty's blue ones. "Alright, So no more Halloween parties for you." Inej told him, giving him a glare in which he ducked his head upon receiving before staring back at her with unimpressed shark like eyes. "I tried to tell you that in the beginning."