Rebirth

Request: Kanej having a baby. (I tried :), hope you guys enjoy!)

Kaz had been reborn before. In the harbor, clinging to a corpse and fighting waves, something new had emerged from the waters that night. Something that held no part of the Kaz Rietveld the corpse he clung to knew.

All rebirths had been born out of pain for Kaz, a tiring, struggling road. But this one, this one was different. Because he wasn't the one going through the pain, and it was driving him insane.
"It's gonna be okay, Kaz." Soothes Jesper, who keeps pushing a water bottle into his hand like drinking from it might calm him down.
Another scream could be heard down the hall, and Kaz put his head in his hands. Cursing.
"We should have known better..." he muttered. Kaz has found very few times with this much pure fear.
He feared if Inej would live, he feared if she would be severely injured, he feared losing her, he feared if the child was born still, he feared if the child would be born injured, broken in some way, he feared raising a kid alone.

"Relax Kaz, this is a natural part of childbirth."
"Don't tell me that crap," Kaz growled, standing up to return to pacing. He was nervous, furious even, at himself, at Inej, at the child... he needed to breathe, he needed to punch someone. Maybe the guy sitting by the window who kept giving him the side eye.
"Alright, just sit down."
Kaz huffed and collapsed into a seat, but he was filled with more energy then jesper, he needed to move. Wylan gave him a watch, an antique one.
"Here Kaz, take this apart for me, would ya?"
"What... why?"
"Please?" Kaz slowly took it from him and started working on it, wylan gave him a little pocket sized toolkit to work with it.
As Kaz began to work on it, he found himself relaxing taking it apart and putting it together again, over and over.
"Mr.Brekker?" Kaz's head snapped up and instantly he became just as tense as before. He sharply handed the completed timepiece back to wylan, with the tools.
"Yes?"
"You and your party can follow me," Kaz did, he stood up sharply and followed after the nurse, his friends muttering and smiling. Kaz was practically ahead of the nurse by the time she opened the door.

Inej smiles at seeing Kaz, she looked so tired, and fragile in the hospital gurney, she held out a hand and Kaz was there, his cane clattering to the floor.
"Hey," Inej said, voice hoarse.
"Hi." Kaz said, kneeling down next to her. Inej sat up, revealing the small baby wrapped in a white blanket, Kaz gently touched his bare hand to the baby's cheek, they stirred, and opened their eyes.
"It's a boy," Inej informed them, her eyes locked onto her child.
Kaz pressed a kiss to her forehead, breathing shakily.
"See? Nothing to be worried about at all." Jesper said, peering over them to get a look.
"Do you want to hold them?" Inej asked Kaz, like she just thought of it. Kaz slowly picked the baby up, and masterfully held it in his arms, standing to his full height for better support.
The child only looked around, and giggled, a quiet sound. Kaz smirked, figuring that the baby clearly took after its mother. Inej watched with a tired smile as Kaz held his child, and the look in his eyes spoke volumes, made promises words would never understand, and conveyed emotions sounds would never describe.

"Have you thought of a name?" Nina asked, from where she was standing at Kaz's right. They had all gathered around him after giving him ten minutes alone with the kid, and were now cooing and wiggling their fingers at them.
"We were thinking Petyr."
"After the saint?"
"After the blade." Kaz corrected, glaring at Jesper as he handed his child carefully over to the sobbing sharpshooter. "I'm an uncle." He sniffles, hugging the child tightly.
"I'm gonna spoil you with the most wonderful things."
"I will be even more spoiling, as your favorite Aunt." Nina says, lightly blowing kisses over Jespers shoulder. Kaz watched with mild horror, and a fiercely protective glare, as he stood beside Inej.
"Let's head home..." Inej mutters, lightly taking Kaz's hand. He kissed it.
"Of course, Inej."
And just like that, Kaz Brekker was reborn, and became a father.

Bonus:

Inej was sitting out in the sunshine of her home. Her home, which was Kaz's farmhouse, refurbished and built off of from his childhood home. It was a cheery place, with wide open areas that reminded Inej of the road she traveled with her parents.
At the present moment, Nina, Jesper, and Wylan had come to visit. Petyr was currently receiving candies from wylan, who ended up spoiling the child more then Jesper or Nina could ever hope to.
Kaz was inside, finishing up the last of the paperwork he had brought over.
While he was no longer the floor boss, or even the gang leader, Kaz kept tabs on his shares of the crow club and fifth harbor, even helping to solve problems for Anika, who had taken over when Kaz retired on good terms.
Nina sighed contentedly, stretching out in the sun.
"I can't believe Kaz grew up here, how is he so pale?" Inej chuckled, opening her eyes to watch Petyr come running over as fast as his toddler body could carry him.

"Mama!" He cried as he got closer, all but colliding with Inej. She laughed and squeezed Petyr in a hug.
"Did uncle Wylan give you these?" She pointed at the chocolate sweets in his hand, the boy, clearly on a sugar high, nodded quickly.
"Want one?"
"Why yes, thank you." Inej says, taking one the kid offered and plopping it in her mouth, letting the sweet chocolate treat melt. The little kid escaped Inej's hug and ran over to Nina.
"Here, you want one, Auntie Nina?"
Nina gasped excitedly, "oh, you know I do, you precious little saint." The boy beamed, but as Nina reaches over to his open hand, he snatched it away, dumping all the pieces of chocolate into his mouth and running off with a loud, mischievous, hysterical laugh.
Nina just blinked, shocked. She turned to Inej, who was trying her best not to burst out laughing, and failing.
"What can I say? He's Kaz's child too." Inej managed to wheeze out.
"Petyr! Get over here!" Nina cried, pushing herself up and chasing after the boy who squealed and ran away, Nina snatching him up and hugging him.
Kaz stepped outside, taking in the scene from behind his sunglasses, given the sun was bright in the summer. He walked over and sat down beside Inej, stretching out his bad leg, out of force of habit, given he had it tailored back to normal.

"Hey," Inej smiles, leaning over and kissing him on his cheek, Kaz smiled at her.
"Hello treasure." He looked up to frown at Nina walking back with a squirming Petyr in her grasp.
"What is she doing to our son?"
"He offered her some candies." Kaz looked at Inej in more confusion, before Inej continued. "Then ate then all before she could have some."
"Ah," Kaz chuckled, Inej tapped her foot against his leg.
"You didn't teach him that?"
"Of course not."
When Petyr saw Kaz, he cried out, and fought even harder.
"Da! Da help! I wasn't doing anything!"
"Nina, put Petyr down." Kaz orders, letting his tone slip into that of Dirtyhands. Nina did so, grumbling. Petyr ran to Kaz and buried his face in his shoulder. Kaz pulled him into a hug, shaking his head.
"If your gonna take something away, you shouldn't offer it first." Kaz snickered, Inej sharply slapped his shoulder.
"Kaz!"
"What? I'm just saying.."