A change in character- sixofcrows and iZombie combination

Kaz woke up after sleeping perhaps two hours for the first time in his undead life. Kaz remembers very clearly the scratch from the boat party that Inej forced him to go to, because socialization. Kaz swore he may never socialize again. He ran a hand through his snowy white hair, glaring at the mirror with ice blue eyes. Shaking his head, he knew he needed to get to work. Wylan was waiting for him, probably with another psychopaths mind.

He went over to the morgue eventually, he limped into the room because the zombie virus changed his hair and eyes, but it couldn't have just cured his leg? Noooo. "Hey Kaz! You slept like the dead today, normally you are here before I am." Wylan said with a boyish smile, Kaz rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the body. "Great... perhaps I can join them for a while." Kaz said easily. Wylan walked over to his side with a clipboard, his strawberry blond wavy hair falling slightly into his eyes. "This guys an Olympic runner and also an acrobat. He got hit by a car on his way to work." Kaz sighed. "Don't you have any more... docile ones?" Sometimes Kaz thought he would rather starve than continue with the brains. When Inej asked he nearly told her he had multi-personality disorder that appeared to come back with a new one everyday. Like Inej would believe that. She was already keeping a extremely close eye on him, since they had been... close even for engaged couples... she knew he was different and wouldn't call off their engagement for nothing.

Kaz felt relief when Inej never moved on, even though he hated hurting her like that. "Sorry Kaz-" a knock came and they whirled to see detective Matthias, looking grim. "Murder, 6th street and riverside. We got a body." Wylan looked over at Kaz and grinned, raising his eyebrows teasingly. Kaz rolled his eyes and nodded, grabbing his coat. As they found their way to the house, they walked inside. "Damn..." Kaz muttered, kneeling down with a grunt as pain shot through his leg. Before them lay a man, blood soaking him. Suddenly a girl came tearing through. "Lady, stand down... this is a crime scene-" Kaz heard Matthias grumble. "THIS IS MY HOUSE! That's my FATHER!" Kaz remembered that voice. "Nina.." Kaz thought.. standing slowly. "Nina. Calm down." He replied smoothly.

Nina's eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here, Kaz." Wylan rose an eyebrow. And then of course, Inej came over, running after her friend. He avoided eye contact with her. "This is my job." Kaz said calmly, with a sharp smile. "Nina.. we can talk to the police later. Come." Inej and Kaz eyes met, then quickly shifting away. "So, Kaz. Why did you call it off?" Nina asked angrily,  she was once their greatest shipper, now pissed at him. Kaz eyes narrowed, Matthias stepped in. "That's enough, Ma'm. " "Personal reasons." Kaz supplied, turning away from Nina and tilting his head to the side as he examined her father walking around him, tugging on the edge of his black gloves. Wylan walked on the opposite side of Kaz. "How was your father and mother's relationship?" Kaz asked, Nina growled. "Your gonna pin my father's death to my mother!?" "You jump to conclusions."

Kaz looked over at Wylan. "Hey, Wy. Scuffs on the floor... lots of blood but no obvious puncture wounds.." Wylan nodded, crouching down. "Looks like a strangling..." "yeah.., but that wasn't the cause of death." Kaz turned on his heel. "It would be helpful if we could get this body back to the morgue." He said with a nod, turning to Wylan. "Keys." Wylan fumbled with his pockets before tossing them to Kaz who caught them easily and limped off to the car, Wylan following him as the body was placed in a bag and lead to the morgue.

At the end of the autopsy Inej came in. Wylan and Kaz were both eating, Kaz having a pepperoni pocket that was actually filled with brains and hot sauce while Wylan was eating a bowl of cereal. "How can you two eat with a dead guy right there!" "Is it rude?" Wylan asked, Kaz chuckled murmuring. "Would you rather that we shared with him?" Wylan snorted, Inej rolled her eyes. "You have no respect for the deceased." Kaz huffed, standing up. "We have plenty, we solve their deaths and such." Kaz said with a  wave, "but what do you need Inej?" Inej sighed, "its important, Nina is distraught." "Isn't she always?" Inej glared at Kaz, who simply smiled. "No, both her parents died Kaz. You should understand that." Kaz scowled instantly, taking a step back before running a hand through his white as snow hair. "I saw her mother had been brought in." Kaz looked over at Wylan, in hopes of getting help on explaining that her mother happened to be a zombie who killed her father in hopes of getting his brains when she had tried not to eat any, but she died as well by suicide at seeing what she'd done. "This is a- special case."