College Au continue

Jesper was a pestering bug at Kaz's side. "Just tell her you like her!" "No." Kaz said, wondering if he would look too bad if he whacked Jes in the jaw and how to claim it an accident. "What's the worst thing that could happen?" He tried, Kaz turned abruptly on his heel, startling Jes. "She could hear me." Kaz stated, like it was the worst thing in the world. Jesper rolled his eyes. "For all the saints sake and your Aunt Eva Kaz!" Jesper growled following him. "I don't have an Aunt, Jes." Kaz told him, walking back to their seats for Inej's tournament.

"What about a cousin? A Nephew, perhaps a long lost niece?" Kaz sent him a withering glare and he grew quiet. Then whispered, "an Uncle?" Kaz whirled, due to his keen hearing. Jesper dodged past Kaz, his lanky fame taking the stairs two at a time, "Wylan, save me!" He yelled, Kaz sighed, there was no way he was going to chase him up the stairs. "I'll get you later.." he growled, taking the stairs slowly.

As he made his way to his seat Jes had moved away from him to the other side of Wylan, using poor Wy like a human shield against Kaz. Kaz grumbled and sat on his chair, staring out from the bleachers at the gym. The show went well and Inej got gold, as Kaz had expected. Only a few of them could attend because most of the crows had work. Nina as a barista and Jesper as a florist, Wylan didn't work yet and Kaz ran the gangs and such. Inej worked as a barista as well with Nina, Matthias was a cook at the little restaurant both the girls worked at.

Nina and Matthias had work that night, Kaz had drove because he was the only one of them that could drive somewhat well. "Oh! Can we go get some coffee?" Wylan asked, turning his head to Kaz. Inej nodded, looking tired. "I could use a warm drink..." she muttered sleepily, letting herself lean against Kaz. "Alright." He sighed, "lets go pay Nina and Matthias a visit, shall we?" Everyone nodded and made their way towards Kaz's nice car.

Inej put the heat on as it was cool that night, Kaz drove smoothly across the wet road. He pulled into the drive-thru. "What would you like?" Nina's asked distractedly. "Coffee!" The cars numerous passengers, said, muttered, shouted and moaned at the same time. (Inej muttered, Wylan moaned, Jesper shouted, Kaz just said it) Nina looked up startled by the very many familiar voices. "All specialty coffees. You know our orders Nina." She growled, "fine..." Kaz nodded and rolled up the window.

They got their coffees after a few minutes, and headed back home. Inej stayed close to Kaz, wondering what really went through his mind. Did he know how desperately she wanted him? Wanting him to want her? They decided on a movie to watch, Kaz left them to watch it. He went into his room and texted Per Haskell, telling him about the gang territory war and how the Dregs nearly lost fifth harbor, Per Haskell simply waved him off.

A knock startled him out of his silent fuming. "Come in Inej." Her knock was quick, almost regretting like she would rather sneak in, but he knew she respected his privacy as much as he did hers and so would knock or announce herself somehow before coming in. "You okay?" "Fine... why do you ask?" She only shrugged, closing the door behind her. "Aren't you suppose to be watching the movie?" She scowled. "The brother died, I lost interest as soon as it happened, who dies from falling .on a rock??" Kaz smirked at that.

He closed his phone setting it down, only a small table lamp let the two people be able to see one another. "Kaz- is there something you have to say to me?" She asked softly, something told him this was rather important. "Do you want me to have to say something?" He questioned, "no." But he voice dropped slightly with disappointment.

"Inej... I'm not good with words, you know that..." he said softly. "So what are you asks me to show you?" He looked into her eyes, she looked back, trying to figure out and decipher his words. She sat beside him on his bed, he stiffened as she did so. "Kaz- I need you to understand, I can't be the only one out of the both of us." She started, he cut her off. "Your not." "Then why can't you just tell me?" She murmured. "Because then I'm putting you in more danger than I like you to be, than you normally are."

Inej looked up at him, their eyes met and an understanding was reached, Kaz brought his ungloved hand to her's, gently ever so gently did he move closer to her. "Then don't say anything Kaz... just show me." Inej whispered, Kaz cocked his head to one side. Then leaned down, pressing his head against hers, Inej wrapped her arms around his neck. "Inej- I won't be able to-" "I know Kaz, I'm not quite there either, but we can still be together and wait, get better at what we can do." He smiled, and brought his lips onto her neck, softly kissing her. She brought her own kiss to just above his eye.

She pulled him completely against her, bringing herself to hesitantly brush her lips against his own. He lifted her chin using a ungloved hand, his mouth locking onto hers, he took his time as she did herself. Pacing themselves, being cautious with such strong feelings toward the other. "Stay.." he whispered against her lips, she smiled. "For a bit longer." She replied in a hushed tone. He pulled away just slightly. "I don't think I could have stayed away any longer..." he admitted. "You don't have to." She promised, gently bringing her hand through his raven hair.

A loud knock startled them. "Inej! Can I come in?" Jesper's voice asked, sounding concerned. Kaz blew out a breath, realizing he was knocking at Inej's door. Inej simply maneuvered herself so she could rest her head on his shoulder, face hidden in his neck. A happy sigh escaping her, she spent far too long day dreaming about such things, Kaz pulled her closer, feeling her warmth sink into him. Why hadn't he called her to him sooner? Jes opened his door. "Oh!" He yelped surprised by the site of his best friends as they were. "Finally!" He sighed out with relief. This made Inej snicker, her warm breath tickling his flesh. "Come on Inej, lets go socialize with the others." Kaz murmured against her hair, she nodded and sat up slightly. "Okay, lets go."