The crows

Kaz looked out his window, the damn cawing! He wouldn't even mind if they weren't so loud, they missed Inej as much as he did. She had left, had been gone for two months, Kaz sighed, grabbed some crow food, he started to feed them, slowly an idea formed in his head, he grinned.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inej strode into the harbor, out and climbed easily up onto the rooftops, she missed this place, and the people. She made a B-line toward the slat, she stopped a collection of crows, larger than she had ever seen were circling. Inej, would have to go through the front door. She walked up the creeping steps, each louder than the next, it irritated Inej, they were giving her away!
When she finally reached his door, she knocked, then opened it. Kaz was pacing, or was, his head now turned to Inej, a crow was on his shoulder. It had claws with silver armor sharp teeth decorating the blade, except on the underside. "One second Inej." He finished scribbling something, then he rolled it up and gave it to the crow. "Deliever the message." Kaz told it as he stroked its black and blue tinted feathers. It took off and out through the window, he closed the window. "How did the seas treat you?" He asked calmly. "Why are crows blocking my entrance?" Inej asked accusingly causing Kaz to smirk a bit. "They wanted to help. Besides your the one who brought them here, I'm just making them useful." Inej eyebrows shot up, "you trained a legion of crows to do your bidding?" Kaz shrugged, "their very clever birds. Sometimes smarter than humans, they don't double cross you."
Inej shook her head, still not quite believing it. "The crows have always been a part of it, the crow club, the dregs, this." He held up his cane head with the crow on top. He shrugged, "now they become a living, breathing symbol. The dregs are everywhere and own all of Ketterdam."

Sorry bout the short chapter, just a curious idea.