Kanej arguments

Kanej arguments, no matter how perfect the relationship is, there is always rough patches. Inej has a busy social and day life which starts to stretch her time away from Kaz. He gets a night job, Inej realizes just how much she needs Kaz in said life. It's a painful lesson, she can't do anything to show him thou cuz he works while she is asleep and vice versa. Inej seeks the company of an old Suli best friend, she doesn't want to tell him about Kaz because 1, he hates Dirtyhands, 2, he still thinks Inej is open and therefore is flirting and charming, though Inej never bites and 3, if he knew who Kaz was to Inej he would tell her father who has yet to meet Kaz and is extremely against marrying anyone outside of Suli heritage of other Sulis. Kaz awakes early to find this strange young man, in his home, FLIRTING with his girl. He is cool and collected and the man basically says all the lies Inej made of him being a close friend who was willing to share the payment with her till she scrounged enough for herself and her family to live happily.  Kaz was none to happy, but goes along with it, completely avoiding Inej's existence as she is trying to silently communicate that she wasn't looking for a diff partner. Kaz goes out for a drink with Matthias, who had just given Nina an engagement ring and Nina said that 'she needed to think about it', what the hell does that even mean?!

Inej approaches hours later to find them practically alone at the bar, each having a bottled beer. Nina comes and takes Matthias away. Inej comes towards Kaz to confront him, he doesn't even so much as glance at her. Inej tries to explain but Kaz catches on pretty fast that Inej's main reason was being embarrassed to family about being in a relationship with him, which is only salt in the wound for Kaz. He leaves with the words 'unbelievable' ringing in the air. Inej has no time to make it right to him, as they continue to break Kaz is left with fewer and fewer people to turn to. Wylan and Jesper support both him and Inej and don't want them to fight, Wylan is a bit more supportive for Kaz because he understands being hurt like that. Nina drags Matt onto Inej's side often. Kaz is never around during the day. Kaz spends his time at Nikolai's, Nikolai and Kaz are kind of too loners together. Kaz turns off his find my friends and blocks Inej's messages after a over the phone argument.

Kaz and Inej are both crumbling on the inside. Kaz slips up plenty too, he grabbed the job without asking her and doesn't go to parties with her or talk with their group of friends so he isn't invited to as much because they assume he just doesn't want to go. Truth is, he just never had the time.

Just a concept I'm playing around with.