What is this sleep you speak of?

Kaz hadn't slept in four days straight, he was dis-coordinated and dead on his feet. His movements were slow and sluggish and he couldn't put any weight on his leg.
Kaz was filling out bills and watching profits, he nearly signed his family name rather than his new last name, Inej had seen enough, she wasn't impressed with him pulling all nighters. I like Kaz, am a work-acholic only it's for Wattpad than actual work, I should go to sleep.
He was working at a alarmingly slow rate, in his old office, his normally deep amber eyes were dull and the dark circles below his eyes didn't help.
"Come on Kaz, you need to rest.." Inej pleaded, though her mind thought about fighting him to the bed, she was unsure just how slow he was.

"I need to finish my work..." Kaz said in a mechanical voice, he did everything as if he was programmed, so the argument went, the problem was, despite his state of weakness, Kaz's silvertongue didn't seem affected.
Finally he gave up and let Inej lead him to the bedroom, she closed the door and glared at Kaz, he couldn't escape now. She saw the annoyance in his eyes. "It's for your own good Kaz, you need rest to properly function."
He growled, low and feral, eyes narrowing and scoping the room for an escape, Inej pushed him down into the bed, another snarl echoed his chambers. "Your not leaving Kaz..."

His eyes were fluttering, already sleep trying to take over... Kaz sighed in defeat. He moved to the back of the bed till his back was against the wall, then he looked at Inej, she got lost in his eyes, the deep amber color was mesmerizing. It was an invitation, Kaz and Inej didn't need to talk, they merely understood each other.
Inej crawled into the bed, nervous at first, but when Kaz rolled his eyes into the back of his head it was obvious he was too tired to care.

Inej waited till he was asleep before getting under the covers, and snuggling into the cavity space between Kaz's chest and his arms, which slowly wrapped around Inej telling her she was welcome there. She herself hadn't slept much and took the time to dream and lay beside him, he had been healing. They could kiss and touch, but their progress though painfully slow was still progress and if one thing Kaz pressured his Dregs to do was be patient.

Inej smiled as she felt his body shift to fit hers, her eyes slowly closed, eyelashes brushing her cheekbones. The afternoon passed and nobody bothered them, they slept well into the afternoon, the day was sunny but chilly with frost clinging to the window.

Inej woke slowly, blinking to clear the fogginess and focus her eyes, she realized she was asleep in his room, on his bed and curled beside him. She twisted around as best she could to look at him. His normally raven hair was a dark maroon color. The brown becoming lighter in the sunlight and the red tints became obvious, the color of it was strange and beautiful.

His ivory skin seemed almost to glow in the sunlight, but she also saw all the scars, she frowned. Slowly, she ran her fingers along his skin, he shivered but did nothing else. He was warm, though his hands were colder, his muscles rippled with another shiver, the air was cold.
He reminded her of a big cat, lean and muscular, well rounded and sleek. He could hold his own, and he had the scars to prove it.

His eyes slid open, meeting her doe brown gaze, his eyes were a bright amber topaz, it glistened in the light, in between the shades of brown though, was rings of unnatural ice blue. They stood out and made his gaze seem only sharper. Inej moved back up against him, he didn't shiver.

"You still need to catch up on your sleep." Inej told him, running her thumbs under his eyes which were now closed, they moved along tracing the dark circles indicating a lack of sleep, though it was nearly a purple color by now.
He scowled, running his long, slender fingers through her unbraided hair. "Hmmm..." he murmured, traces of sleep still evident in his voice. Inej smirked, "I'll stay with you, if you'd like." Kaz smirked, nodding.

Though neither slept, they just lay side by side, occasionally sharing a small conversation about some small detail in a plan or journey left to go over. The air was still cold, so they kept the blankets on and remained beside each other. Kaz was warm and the main center of heat, he would occasionally complain about her stealing his heat, which she would ignore or just shrug off.

After several hours, Kaz finally asked Inej if he was allowed to go back to work, she just sighed unhappily but nodded. He nuzzled her neck, Inej wrapped her fingers around him in a quick embrace before he left. She waited a few minutes before turning over, stealing the last of his warmth from the blankets, taking in his scent. Then, when there was no more warmth, she left.

----------------
This was requested by LightxShadow, thank you so much! If you would want another Kanej cuddling it will not be this again but something new, so feel free to request it even if it's already been requested! Also if you don't want me to put your name also say so...
please try to be more specific in what you want, that being said, I have been very busy so updates should probably slow. Spring break is coming and I intend to make the most of it.
Bye guys!