Growing up too fast part 2

(Trigger warning : mention of suicidal thoughts)

Kaz woke groggily, and allowed misery to welcome him with open arms before he began to move. His loneliness was something he constantly had to deal with. But with only a single sideways look towards his gun made several voices start shouting in his head, guilt holding him from aiming it toward his skull.
"Promise you'll take care of yourself, for Inej?"
"Don't let your weaknesses and disabilities keep you down, remember?"
"Giving up so soon Demjin?"
"Please Kaz...."
"Where's the old grumpy and cruel Kaz that I know?"
Kaz ran a hand over his face, digging the gun in his hands against his head, before placing it back where it was. "Dammit..." he hissed. Everyday the long backward grew deeper and more awful.

He looked around his old house, in which ghosts filled. Happy moments and sad, both of a kid with as normal life as a boy with no mother. Yet it was missing, he was always having a piece missing. Now it was his old and new family, all dead or soon to be if he tried to stay beside them. His fate had been planned, to bring revenge was to give all you had, he didn't expect the consequences to be so costly, but now was time to pay up, and he did. With every day of misery and constant torture.

Why had he grown up so quickly? Why couldn't he have just tried to let go, to not get on so many lists. But it was all past, and he could not change that it was. Now he was marching in the world alone, again, and each step was pain and regret, each step a movement away from what he loved... and what he left.

Why... why had he grown up so fast?? Perhaps, one day when the wolves stopped chasing him, he might return to Inej and the others, when it was safe.

This ending is much better then the one I planned out. Yes it's short, and bittersweet... but here's the other one.

Kaz decides he will get back on a ship and head back to his family because he can't live without them and just isn't strong enough... however, like said in the first story. He never makes it back, his ship becomes a ship wreck as it was attacked by his enemies and Kaz drowns in the ocean, sinking deeper into the abyss of the sea, he gets to see one of his families. Inej and the others go on believing he is ok, Inej even hoping he will return. Eventually, faced with no other choice, Inej moves on, though is constantly looking back and willing to come back to Kaz if he ever returns.

No one lived from the shipwreck to set the record straight, because dead men tell no tales.

In the first ending, Kaz lives and he even has a future of returning to Inej. I figured it best if I didn't try to write out the second ending because I, and I'm sure others, hate seeing Kaz bested. After all, he is the mastermind and our crows seem, well, invincible. (Ignoring what happened to Matty becuz NO)

Anyway, if you wish for me to write it out (I bet nobody will) I will.

That being said, this is all from Wildwolf65, sorry for the short chapter. I have writers block, or as I call it, writing blockage and creativity dam. Anyway, let's hope it clears and I can give you guys a special treat for sticking with me!