Hidden powers?

How the hell am I doing this! AU
Thanks for all you voting ideas. I hope you all enjoy!

Trigger warning: Brief mentions of torture and cannon typical violence

Kaz moaned as his eyes flickered open with a killer headache.. he was alone, laying down on cobblestone in some old alleyway that smelled of must, rust and children's tears. He looked around and recognized where he was, it was the alleyway him and Jordie were forced to live in, the one they dubbed the nest.

Kaz tried to recall just why he was here, instead of memories a loud ringing ran through his head, pain shooting in strong powerful surges, slamming against consciousness like waves against a rocky shore. Kaz  groveled, fingers combing through his black hair and tugging, what the hell happened to him?!

He needed his Wraith, even Jes, Wylan, or Nina would be nice.. Kaz paused, forcing himself to focus on the present. He was vaguely aware of shadows flickering around him. With a soft groan he pushed himself to his legs, the pain in his bad leg had intensified, he looked down and was shocked to see that both his legs were straight and he was healed.

He tested the leg by moving it around, it moved right, but small ripples of pain moved through it. "Weird.." he muttered. He wondered what happened yet again, but thought better of trying to recall it. He started out trying to walk normally at first, but the pain only increased and he decided he best just limp for now. He made his way to the slat, passing fifth harbor to see Inej was here and her boat in dock.

He continued and quickly found the bigger and booming slat, he walked around to the back, slipping in a back entrance and making his way silently up the stairs. He walked into his room, only to find Inej, Jes, and Wylan standing in a circle. Jesper and Wylan had their backs to him, facing Inej who pushed past the two and wrapped her arms around Kaz, laying her forehead on his shoulder. "Thank the saints.." she breathed.

Kaz stood frozen, confused and slightly worried. "What happened?" Kaz asked slowly and warily. The room fell quiet. "We don't know... you weren't with us... you don't remember?" Wylan asked cautiously. Kaz sighed, Inej pulling away from him. "Not exactly... it's like there's a barrier between certain memories." Kaz muttered, half to himself. "Kaz, you were suppose to meet us for a business meeting, Inej checked your office but you weren't there, none of the people in the Slat saw you leave... you were missing for about eight hours..." Kaz scowled at Jesper's words. "That's not good..." he muttered, gracefully limping to his bed.

His leg had more flex room and was less stiff, allowing Kaz to merge his normal limp and the walk into a more cat like and graceful motion. Inej noticed, but thought nothing of it. Kaz sat down, eyes narrowing in concern. "Do you remember anything?" Jesper checked, Kaz sent him a glare. "I can remember up until the last few hours... I remember scheduling the business meeting..." Kaz sighed, his body ached as did his mind. He was stressed and tired.

"Well I'm fine now, we can discuss this later but I need some time to think." Kaz growled, he was extremely tired but wouldn't admit it because it was noon and that would most likely worry them even more because Kaz hardly ever normally went to sleep. Inej gave him a skewering look before leaving with the others, he blew out a breath he didn't realize he was holding and collapsed onto his bed, looking up the ceiling. "What happened?"

Kaz woke to the sounds of loud knocking, it was hurting his ears. Kaz moved and a black  substance moved away from him, as if separating itself, Kaz felt the bed connect with his body as if he wasn't on it before, he looked to where he thought he was earlier and only found a wall with the shadow from the shade on his window on it. "I'm really not liking this.." Kaz muttered, another round of knocking echoed. Kaz ground his teeth together, standing and ripping the door open with unnecessary force. "What." He hissed.