Hollowed

Warning, lots of blood violence as I was messing with how to get a battle scene. Do not read if cannot handle and do not hate me for experimenting.

Inej sat in Hellagte absolutely horrified, she hated this place. Nina, Jesper, And Wylan beside her as they took away the last man's carcass and listened as laughter claimed noise until a hush fell. "Welcome, Welcome... this will be the last performance of our amazing Crow lord and the devils nightmare, give a round of applause or better stay silent. For Kaz Brekker." He did a little bow and all that ran through Inej's mind as the crows settled was how did he get in this place and where was he leaving? The crowd hushed and out of the shadows limped the familiar boy, now 23 and absolutely terrifying. A shock of hair died white just in front of his eyes, one tailored blue and cat like, probably by someone on Jurda Parem and onto Kaz against his will. He had been there for ages, and was their new main attraction, a Devil. His gloves had some sort of gold running along the fingers and behind the knuckle about a half of an inch for all of his fingers. His cane was in one hand but would do him little good against half the things he was going against, he seemed to have a sheath for it anyway in case it got in the way. His smile was as sharp as his topaz eye that seemed luminous in the darkened arena, sharp incisors outlining the malicious intent.

Now would be a good time to start playing the music.

Screeches of men and animal being released had Inej's anticipation running. Kaz turned on his heels to meet the tiger that had tried to get on him from behind, its mid leap and paws stretched apart with mouth wide and gaping, ready to crush his head with one bite. He dropped onto one knee, grabbing its furry throat, blood trickling onto its white and orange chest, it released a baffled roar, lifting up and back onto both feet, he threw it onto its back and using his cane to quickly snap its head to the left, his coat shadowing each movement and splashed in blood at the bottom. The red liquid flashed on the silver metal, spraying across the sand floor and dripping from his new gloves. He left its mangled body as he stood and shifted to stand straight and tilted his head, Inej saw thirteen people in the column of her row flinch, there was only eighteen people there. A loud reptilian hiss had Inej's head twisting back to see Kaz avoiding its tail as it leapt after him. The creature that had killed a man quite easily and one she had killed herself but Kaz was not that kind of fighter... she worried if she had come this late in the game to watch him die. Kaz growled, flicking his fingers as the beast threw itself upward, he caught its gaping and rotten fish stenches mouth in his hands which were now capped with golden claws that dug into its scaly hide, he pulled out a small iron rod while holding its head up with his claws tucked into the sensitive flesh of its mouth, his hand holding tightly onto its fanged muzzle, then sticking the tube of silver in the creatures forced open mouth and pressed against its almost unseen seam with his free hand, in two seconds the steel rod shot itself longer by both sides with the power of a gun shot, snapping the creatures jaw open and breaking it, the pressure not only cracked the bone but snapped a indent in the back of its head where all the power from the bite was located by muscle, the bottom of the staff breaking through its softer under jaw and holding its head posed off of the ground, glistening teeth dripping with poison. Kaz dipped his claws into the green slime. He left the rod and turned to see an elephant throwing its head up with a triumphant howl, Kaz only smiled at the armored thing covered in scars and points and its eyes rolling with madness. He slid under its massive frame as it trampled forward swinging its head to catch him in its trunk. Kaz quickly rolled back onto his feet, as the elephant turned around and came after Kaz, whom did not move but crouch as it lowered its head to slam him into the wall or gourge him with a ivory tusk capped by a metal spike coated in rust and blood.

As it got close Kaz moved to meet it, leaping to bury one clawed hand in the rough skin along its tusk, cutting elegantly along its face to carve out the tusk. It screeched loudly, throwing its head up and Kaz kept pace, moving with its momentum to keep from being thrown off. He slicked off the nose of its trunk as he slid onto its back easily, getting grip due to the spaces between its armor. He found a spot just in between its head and neck that was save from armor, he stuck his claws in and as it thrashed it only helped him open up the mouth of the wound which now had steaming blood gushing and dribbling down and soaking its armor which was coated in bacteria of its own kills with his blood, connecting the sickness of unclean metal into its own blood stream, Kaz leapt off of its back and onto a brawler below who was not expecting it and caught up in his own fight with a small kid, who's sapphire blue eyes were stained by icy tears and blood that coated his hair. Kaz flicked the excess poison off as he narrowed his eyes and the boy nodded. Whether Kaz said something or not was hard to tell from all the way in the bleachers. The crash of the elephant echoed with the scream of the crowd who were enthusiastic about the blonde sand quickly turning red, and even the crows were shook with surprise. The white was stained red in splotches as Kaz turned and found a group of men raising weapons and leaping forward. One with a gun, it shot many times but Kaz didn't seem to find it as amusing as the shooter, who was silenced when a rusty nail was thrown straight into his throat, causing him to fall to the ground backward with a silent scream loud as lightening as Kaz was attacked by the last of the competitors which looked to be a pack of drüskelle wolves, about eight of them, five men with various weapons who were closet to Kaz, a bull reindeer who seemed set on taking out something and one large bear that waited with greedy eyes for Kaz to die so he should eat.

Kaz scowled as the men surrounded him, he pulled his cane out with a crazed smile and eyes gleaming mischievously, he caught one man's dagger, slamming his hand into his gut and twisting before ripping outward, then smashing his cane's wicked beak into the man's stomach, using it upward he caught on its ribs, then he moved to the right of it and smirked as he thrust the cane in that direction causing his rib cage to snap open and for him to collapse on the ground, his guts and blood retching up from the heaving and jagged hole. He was dead before he hit the red mud sand. Kaz used the end of his cane to break the man behind him foot and it snapped horridly as he struck the ankle with blunt power, Kaz punched another in the face, dropped down in the small circle and swiped the black cane around their feet only to stand up and throwing a dagger into the eye and through the back of the of an oncoming and unseen honey badgers head. He slashed the broken foot brute's throat with the claw on his right pointer finger, blood splattering him as he did so and the man's eyes widening as he spluttered out a scream. Three of them stood and Kaz stepped forward, they moved behind him and he let them, to protect the small boy who went to hide in the back. Kaz was met with a pack of wolves, feasting on the elephant carcass, he stalked forward and his eyes shined deadly, Inej was scared. For whatever left him with so many scars and blood had surely broke his mind. At least he wasn't killing the child, she tried to stay positive. The howls lifted and Kaz pulled out his cane from where he had seethed it.

Three wolves leapt at his front, two at his sides and three circled to his back. The first one that reached him knocked his cane from him, he slid his claws into its chest, staining its white chest as it's ruffled fur shook as its chest stopped moving when he curled his fingers. He tossed it into its brotherin as he took on the other at his left who had reached him, grabbing the creature by its scruff as it snapped its jaws at him, he thrust his claws up its mouth and into its head, the tips revealing out of its head. Behind the brain and through skull. A small whine escaped its quick death and its tail drooped. Kaz let it go and quickly snapped the third one's neck, who leapt at him from behind. They circled him and Kaz stood up and looked at them each in the eye, they calmed and stood down. The Reindeer had been finished by the bear, who a man had killed earlier with his troop. Inej noticed that all of his kills were quick. Five wolves, one boy and three men joined him at his side, he walked to the stage, which had long since been abandoned. Inej realized he might still be saved as most the animals he killed had quick deaths, merciful for hellgate. "You come here, tonight, to see my last performance. To watch the blood bath but what sensation is there up in the stands?" His rasp was cold, and professional. It was also amused and he stepped towards the wall, splaying one of his clawed hands along the wall and only one side could see him. "I say... tonight you join the blood and taste it yourself." People shifted uncomfortably, it was different to watch then to do the deed yourself. "What's more chaotic, unpredictable and deadly than these games and it's people? Natures own killing devices murder? But of course... flame and human nature of the rules of murder. You'll figure them out quickly." People were so entranced by his speech and how liquidly he moved through the crowds that they almost didn't notice his clawed hand, running along stone and setting sparks whenever they met the ribs of the walls, setting little flames along the wooden window and starting up smoke as he made a full circle.

"I'm back, Ketterdam. And I will avenge all the beaten and broken... for you fools have forgotten, that sparks and small flames lead to wild fires of glowing and raging fame." His rasp rose above the cackling fires as the crowds started screaming as they felt the heat grow and Kaz and his group moved into the smoke, Inej and her group followed. They chased the dark tunnels from under the sand trap door, they were lead into a street from out of a gutter, and next to a canal and there stood Kaz, washed in blood and claws out, curling around his silver cane which dripped slowly the crimson material. "How was your vacation?" He smiled wildly, his eyes shining with pain and anger, but not at her as flames engulfed the city behind him. "The good we're notified 3 days ago to get out or burn, they got out. The bad are running home to empty houses to be eaten by flame. So where have you been while I was burning in hell? I have all the time in the world now."

Hope you enjoyed! Think Kaz can be fixed and brought back to sanity? Leave a comment below to let me know! 😉 again sorry bout the blood and I hope to see you again soon on bless dark terms but we will have to return to Kaz and see about his future.