Yandere! Mephiles x reader: Roses

You are a (A/T)

Be aware of your senses

Feeling the buttons on her blouse (Y/N) could tell it was the blue one, and then she could tell the skirt she had picked out was the navy blue one due to the texture and shape of the frill at the bottom. Putting her clothes she then grabbed her hairbrush which was to the far left of her desk as she left it every night.

Once her messy locks were under control she went downstairs her hand on the rail counting the steps, at the 13th step she reached the ground floor. She stepped into her sitting room and sat down, the cushions in the same position resting again the arms of the chair.

Picking up the remote which was still positioned on the center of the coffee table she clicked the TV on, the news started to blare telling her she was on channel 1. (Y/N) happily listened about the going on's of the world, but not watch. Because she was blind.

Let's see, it's Wednesday so I should probably by some groceries. And then I'll have to look over those reports I guess. She thought to herself.

Her day then consisted of normal activities, and then she received a visitor in the afternoon.

*Knock!* Knock!*

"Coming!" she called.

Upon opening the door she could instantly smell a subtle scent of cleanliness and freshness, along with a twinge of gunpowder.

"I wasn't expecting you to come calling today." she smiled.

"Sorry for coming unannounced."

"Not at all." she shook her head "Come on in."

All she needed was the brief smell of his scent and then his voice confirmed it was Shadow, who of which she knew through GUN. Just under a year ago (Y/N) had been a fully active GUN field agent but a flash grenade too close to her eyes caused her career to come to a sudden end.

But (Y/N) was the most stubborn (A/T) you could find, the minute she knew she wouldn't be getting her sight back she was on the search for ways she could be useful. She learnt braille in record time and now received code and case files, which she would either decode or suggest strategies for.

Not only that were less risk of the files falling into enemy hands wasn't as important, due to the fact they wouldn't be able to read them. 

"How are you?" Shadow asked.

"I'm fine." she smiled taking a seat, she heard him do the same "I got some more files to look at but they don't want them till the end of the week. But what about you? Any interesting missions?"

"Well I, Rouge and Omega had to retrieve a Chaos Emerald. But quite frankly the mission was easier than stopping Rouge from making off with the Emerald."

These visits were far from rare, on the many occasions (Y/N) Shadow had worked together they'd become good teammates and he admitted he missed her out in the field. And now she was still adjusting to her lifestyle he visited regularly to check up on her, but to also make sure she didn't get lonely.

Shadow left in the early evening and (Y/N) planned to make a start on those files, when she heard a tiny *clink* outside.

"What's that?"

She heard the subtle sound from her back door. She stood with her hand on the handle listening intently, but couldn't hear a whisper. Judging it safe she opened the door taking a small step outside only for her foot to tap into something.

Bending down she touched something smooth, a glass bottle. And then a heavy scent wafted at her, it was the unmistakable aroma of a rose. Yet when she ran her hand up the stalk there were no thorns.