Shadow x reader: Protection Detail

You are a (A/T)

Everyone needs somewhere they feel safe.

A bored (Y/N) sat on a cream sofa repeatedly tapping her fingers on the arm of the sofa, no other form of entertainment to occupy her. All she could do was wait, nervously. So she kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Giving a sigh she sat up and started picking some loose threads on her jeans.

"He better get here soon." she said to herself.

And at those words she heard knocking at the door, but it wasn't the usual tune of 'shave and a haircut'. No it was a complex rhythm, so standing next to the door she listened intently and didn't hear a knock out of place.

"Password." she asked through the intercom on the door.

"Swift wing." a gruff voice said.

Without another word she placed her hand on a scanner at the side of the door, a small beep and the heavy door clicked open and swiftly a figure entered. As quickly as the door had opened it was shut.

"Your late Shadow." she commented lightly.

"Well excuse me for avoiding a regular routine." he replied, used to their conversations.

(Y/N) took a seat again finally able to achieve a relax poise.

"Do you need anything?" Shadow asked scanning the room.

"No, I'm all stocked up on everything. I've got more than enough food." she reassured him.

"Which tells me you haven't been eating properly." he said back.

"I have been, you can check the cupboards if you want." she offered.

"I'm half tempted to."he grumbled.

She gave a small sigh at him. He needs to stop worrying so much, she thought.

But in all honesty Shadow had every right to worry. As at the moment they weren't just anywhere, true it was (Y/N)'s current residence, but it was also a safe house.

And the reason for (Y/N)'s existence to be in jeopardy was because (Y/N)'s employment had once been a barista at a fancy coffee bar, not the most likely job to involve danger. But one night (Y/N) served a particular customer, Grey the Wolf. Who just so happened be the head of one the the biggest gangs in the city.

That night she served him she overheard his conversation with the female fox he met at the cafe, a place and time where a drug smuggling was to take place. However as they spoke they didn't expect (Y/N) to take down notes of what they said, and take pictures of them, only to deliver them to GUN the next day.

Thanks to her GUN were able to arrest half the gang on that date, but after that they saw an opportunity.

Shadow was given the mission of tracking and arresting the rest of the gang, and he asked for (Y/N)'s assistance. Turns out the cafe she worked was an ideal spot for gang members to meet, as they thought they were safe to meet there. And a year later the entire gang was caught and in prison.

However word got around that (Y/N) had heavily helped GUN, and so Grey's girlfriend along with a few 'contacts' were out for her in revenge. So for her safety she was put in a safe house, a standard flat, with secret heavy security.

And Shadow was given protection detail, when in reality he had secretly volunteered for the mission, feeling the position (Y/N) was in was due to him. So it was his job to visit her three times a week, with no routine what so ever, and make sure she had everything she needed.