A Talk

Christina's POV

It was now afternoon.  Michael and I were in the living room watching peter pan. I've always loved that movie.  We haven't seen Ellie since after lunch. I guess she was having alot of fun in her room. Suddenly Ellie walked up to us with a depressed look on ber face. "Mommy? Daddy?" We looked at her. "Yes sweety?" we both said. "Am I pretty?" she asked as she sighed.  My heart dropped and my stomach turned.  Michael looked so hurt. "Ellie, you are beautiful. " Michael said as he sat her on his lap. "You are beautiful girl Ellie. " I said to her. Ellie began to tear up. "No I'm not, Barbie is beautiful, If I don't look like her, I won't be beautiful. " She said with tears rolling down her face.  My heart just splattered into a million pieces. Ellie was comparing herself to a doll with physical features that NO woman or girl can obtain.  I began to cry myself.  "Ellie, Barbie isn't a real person, she's a fictional character meant for girls to have fun with, not want to look like." Michael said as he wiped Ellie's tears.  Michael had tears streaming down his face as well. "But Barbie is perfect" Ellie said in between sobs. My heart was crushed. Ellie was such a beautiful little girl. It's sad that she couldn't see it because of a Barbie doll. I thought for a second. It kind of relates tobthe way that I'm comparing myself to Tatiana. I needed to stop that. I had to set an example for Ellie as the mother figure in her life. 

***********

Sorry this was short but I'm gonna be updating like crazy.  No school next week!  YIPEE!!!!!! ~Zizi~