chapter six

Lorna has been in strangely good moods for once, I asked her if Luke could come over to work on our project and she agreed straight away? Something isn't right, but I like it.

It's 10am and Luke said he was taking me out for breakfast. I left the house and we met each other half way. We went to the cafe which was just down the street from where I live. Once we got there, we sat down at a table and a waiter came and took our order and then brought us our food.

Luke explained the ideas for their new Dare Sundays video which they are planning to film tomorrow. I don't know where they come up with these hilarious ideas.

"Chelseaaaaa" luke said, making a stupid face.

"Luuuukeee" I replied, sticking my tongue out at him.

"You're mad" he laughed.

"Says you" I laughed back.

Luke stood up from his seat, paid for the meal and grabbed my hand and we walked back to my house.

When we had got there I noticed a car outside which I had never seen before. It was a very expensive looking car, and I couldn't think of who it belonged too. Luke and I walked into the house and the sound of shouting and throwing things filled the air.

"I gave you everything" I heard a man shout.

A man? Who the hell is in my house?

"You treated me like scum" my step mums voice was loud and intimidating.

I walked through to the kitchen were I saw Lorna and a very nicely dressed man standing either end of the room. There was smashed plates and cutlery all over the floor.

"Chelsea get out" my step mum said, her tone harsher than usual.

What is going on? Who is this man? Why is he in my house and why is her arguing with Lorna?

Luke, who was standing behind me tightly gripped onto my hand to reassure me everything was okay. Lorna spotted luke and walked towards me. Lukes hand suddenly let go of mine as soon as I felt my body being pushed to the floor.

"This is none of your business you little cow" Lorna said, leaning down towards me.

"Are you cheating on my dad?" The words came spilling out, I didn't mean to ask that but my first instinct was that she is cheating.

"Don't stick your nose into other people business" she screamed, picking me up by the hair.

"No please" I screamed, tears were now streaming down my face.

She raised her hand and viciously slapped my face and threw me back down. My back crashing against the tiled floor.

"What did I tell you Chelsea, don't upset me" she spat.

"I'm s-sorry" I said over and over, to try and stop her.

She kicked me straight in the chest and I felt my lungs close up. I couldn't breathe. I started panicking for breath as she walked away. Luke stood silent in the corner, his face was in pure shock. He had just witnessed my own stepmother abusing me.

I turned over onto my knees and slowly stood up, luke rushed over to me and put his arms around me. He didn't say anything. As he helped me up the stairs I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker. We made it to the top of the stairs and I fell to the floor in tears. Luke picked me up off the floor and carried me to my bedroom and into my bathroom.

I leant over the toilet to throw up but instead I coughed up blood, luke stood behind me, still in shock at what he just saw.

I heard the front door slam shut and my step mums voice fade away. She was gone. I stood up from the bathroom floor and stared at myself in the mirror, I look like I'm dying.

Luke helped me through to my room and sat me down on my bed. He walked over to the window and opened int, inhaling as much air as he could and then exhaling it all back out. His breaths were shaky.

"Luke?" I said, my voice croaky.

There was no response, he turned to face me and I saw the tears falling down his face. He sat down on the bed next to me and stared at me. Examining my entire body for bruises. Luke grabbed my stomach to pull me closer to him and I flinched at his touch. My stomach was aching. He noticed my actions and slowly lifted my top just enough to see the blue and purple bruises that covered it. He punched the bed in anger and stood up, pacing back and forth.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He sighed.

"How was I supposed to tell you luke? Was I just going to say oh hey my step mum abuses me?"

"No, but you could have at least said something instead of suffering in silence?"

"No one knows luke? You wouldn't have known if you hadn't seen what just happened? I wasn't going to tell anyone" I said, looking down at my hands.

"Right, lift up your top slightly and roll up your sleeves" he asked.

"What? No?" I said, finding it weird that he asked me that.

"Chelsea please? I need to know how badly she's hurt you?"

I sighed and lifted my top to just where my ribs end, trying to make out that I forgot he asked me to roll up my sleeves.

He grabbed onto my waist lightly and stared at my bruise covered body.

"Let me see your arms and shoulders?" He asked.

"Luke i? Um?" I stuttered, as I couldn't show him my arms.

He took hold of my wrist and slid my sleeve up to above my elbow, revealing the hundreds of self inflicted injuries I had. His jaw dropped and he took a step back, he looked at me and then to my arm and then to me again.

"Chels?" He said, his tone of voice was weird, sort of as if he was frightened.

I could feel the guilt eating me inside. How do I explain this?

"I know, why didn't I tell you?" I mimicked his words from before anger was building up inside me.

Luke sighed and walked to the wall, putting his head against it with his back towards me. He lightly punched the wall over and over until he was punching it with full force.

"Luke please talk to me?" I asked, walking up to him and standing next to him.

He didn't say anything, he grabbed my body harshly and hugged me tight. Both of us falling to the floor, still in each others arms. I buried my head into Luke's chest, grabbing his shirt in my hands and holding it to know I was safe.

"Luke, I could hurt myself but I couldn't hurt you"

"Chelsea can I tell you something?" He said, as I sat on his lap and wrapped my legs around the back of his body,

"Go ahead?" My voice still shaky.

"Well, I think you're beautiful. Not just beautiful, you're perfect to me Chels. I don't understand it, I've never felt like this about someone before in my life. I barely even know you and I know that you mean so much to me and I honestly don't ever want to think about losing you. You're a tough girl, you've been to hell and back and you could still handle a lot more than anyone ever could. I respect you so much, you deserve the best in life and I really hope the boys and I can give you that. I will try my hardest to get you out of this house and away from the pain and the abuse. My mum? She will be able to help, she really likes you Chelsea. but yeah, what I'm trying to say is? I think I'm in love with you"

Cinderella // luke brooks fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें