Cinderella ~luke brooks fanfiction~

I'm Chelsea, I'm 16 and the thoughts inside my head will eventually kill me.

I've lived with my dad and step mum for 4 years now, those 4 years have been a living hell for me.

My mum ran out on me and my dad when I was 6 and it was just me and him for a while. Until she arrived.

My step mum Lorna has a hate towards me. You know when you dislike something someone specific does? Like every little thing they do annoys you for no apparent reason? That is her feelings towards me. I've been nothing but nice to her since I met her and it has all just been thrown back in my face as abuse.

The things she says to me stick in my mind.

'Fat'

'Ugly'

'Not useful'

'Mistake'

'Not a part of this family'

The words she says repeat themselves around and around inside my head and it drives me crazy.

My dad is oblivious to what is happening because he is away with work all the time and still thinks his wife is a goddess, he worships the ground she walks on.

The only tiny bit of light in this dark situation is that I get to spend the weekend with my older cousin Claire. She's 24 and is my role model in life. She's the only person who keeps me sane through all of this.

No one knows what is happening at home, why should they? If I tell someone all I'll get is sympathy from them and that's not what I want. I just want to get away from it all, get away from this so called 'life'.

I'd do anything to move out of this house and never see or hear from my step mum ever again.

Unfortunately I'm still in school but hopefully I can leave soon. I don't really have any friends in my classes so I usually just sit quietly and listen to what the teacher has got to say. Which is most likely telling off the group of boys who sit up the back end of almost every class room. I don't really know their names but I know that there is 4 of them and 2 of them are twins and that is about it. They're pretty average boys, I've never spoken to them or even made eye contact with them and I didn't plan too.

School isn't as bad as it could be, I don't really get bullied or anything like that but I just feel so alone there. Yeah I'm surrounded by people but none of them actually acknowledge my existence.

I'm not the most confident person when it comes to talking out loud to the class. So when the teacher asks me to read something out the book or to read out my answers my voice seems to just disappear. I've learned at home that if I don't talk I won't get as much abuse from my step mum. If I stay up in my room by myself I'm most likely to get away from it for a little while, well at least until she finds something to get on at me for.

Sitting alone with my thoughts really does scare me. I'd much rather get out of that house as soon as possible but I only really have one friend. Her names Amy and she doesn't live around here. She lives about 4 hours away but when I go to visit her I'm the happiest I could ever be. I met her online about 5 years ago and we've been best friends ever since. I know people say 'don't talk to people online' but if I hadn't I wouldn't have the girl who has helped me through everything.

----------------------------------

*the next day*

Getting up for school is always a task for me, I dread going to school but I'd much rather go there than stay at home with my step mum.

Our school uniform is pretty basic I guess, just a plain white T-shirt with the school logo on it and black trousers or jeans but then girls can wear skirts if they wish too.

I don't wear a lot of make up to be very honest, I just wear a tiny bit of concealer to cover up any spots or dark circles which I seem to have a lot of. Sometimes I have to cover up bruises on my face or neck so no one suspects anything. I also don't do much to my hair, it's usually just up in a ponytail or a bun because the more time I spend on my hair and make up the more time I have to stay in the house with my bitch of a step mum.

While on my way to school a few boys went past me on penny boards, well three were on boards and one was walking. He was walking rather far behind the others as they were going quite fast on their boards. I was trying to be as quiet as I could so that he didn't notice me, because I didn't like making conversation with people. I coughed as quietly as I could but he still heard me and turned around slightly. Once he had turned I recognised him, he was one of the boys who sat up the back and caused trouble.

"Hello" he smiled.

" um hi" I said back, facing my head to the floor.

"You look familiar, where have I seen you?" He asked, still smiling.

"I go to your school, I'm in most of your classes too"

Something in his head must have clicked and he seemed to know who I was.

"You're Chelsea right? I'm James by the way"

I smiled slightly at James and he smiled back.

One of the boys that was on the penny boards shouted back at James telling him to hurry up.

"I'm talking dickhead" he shouted back

The boy who shouted James came over holding his board in his hand, he was tall but no where near as tall as James. He had brown hair and brown eyes and piercings in his lip and nose. He was one of the boys who also sits up the back and gets in trouble all the time, I think he is the one who also gets very angry and storm out quite a lot but I wasn't too sure as I think he has a twin.

"Come on James" he nagged as James still walked next to me.

"Can't you see I'm talking to Chelsea?"

The boy looked at me up and down and then looked back at James and rolled his eyes.

"Just hurry up dickhead" he sighed.

James looked at me and smiled, he told me that the boys name was Luke and he has a twin brother called Jai. Lukes other brother, who's name is beau was also with them but he wasn't going to school as he had already finished.

Once we got to the school I said bye to James and went over to my locker to get my books for my first lessons. The school bell rang and I walked into my fist class and saw James and the other boys up at the back. I sat down in my seat and just waited for the teacher to arrive. I could here Luke talking and laughing from where I sat at the front of the class, the teacher came into the room and told everyone to be quiet as the lesson was starting.

Half way through the lesson Luke and another boy who sat up the back started messing around. The teacher told them many times to be quiet or leave but it didn't seem to bother them.

Miss Gold, our history teacher had enough with Luke and his games so she sent him out. As he walked down to the front of the room he kicked a chair over and then just walked out. He was left there for the rest of the lesson and was told he wasn't allowed to leave for his next class until he was spoken too.

The bell rang signalling 2nd period had began and we all tried to get out of the class room. Obviously I was pushed in front of and was last out the class as usual. Once I had got out the class room I noticed Luke standing near the door, he looked me up and down and then looked away.

In my 2nd period class I found myself thinking about Luke, I didn't even know him and I was thinking about him. I'm not attracted to him, I don't think I am. He is too obnoxious and thinks more about messing about than actually learning. I'm not going to lie he is an attractive boy but I can't see me liking a boy like him. But why can't I stop thinking about him?

~

Finally it was the end of the day and it was time for me to go home which didn't sound too appealing to me. I walked home alone once again and when I got home and dumped my bag in my room and risked going to get myself a drink. It was going great I was almost out of the room before my step mum shouted my name and walked towards me.

"Where is the shopping?" She spat

"What?"

"I asked you to get the shopping" her tone getting more aggressive.

She hadn't asked me to get the shopping, I was sure of it. I would have remembered because forgetting something means punishments.

"You didn't ask me to get the shopping this week?" I said, my voice quiet.

"Yes I did"

"Okay I'm sorry I must have forgot"

I was just going to agree with her and say I had forgot instead of arguing and risking getting more abuse.

She raised her hand and smacked me across the face, hitting me straight in the eye.

"Well don't forget again, now get out my sight"

I ran up to my room and locked the door behind me, I slid my back down the door and just cried. I managed to drag myself up off the floor and into bed. I took out my laptop and logged into my tumblr account. I scrolled down my dashboard and seen all the post about how everyone I follow feels, and in all honesty I felt the exact same.

I feel like I'm nothing? I'm not worth anything to anyone so what is my actual purpose? Everyone hates me, even me.

--

twitter// @wowlukefeels

Instagram// wowlukefeels