Preference 176- your parents are getting divorced

your parents are getting divorced.

Liam:

You were in your bedroom, curled tightly in a ball at the back of your closet. Your parents were getting divorced, and the fighting was driving you crazy. You set your head on your knees, ready to fall asleep when your phone lit up the darkness. You looked at it, seeing Liam’s picture on the screen. Smiling for the first time in hours, you picked up the phone. “Hello?” you said, trying to control the shaking of your voice. “Hey, baby. I was just calling to check on you, I haven’t heard from you since yesterday. Are you alright?” he asked, concern lacing his voice. His care struck something in you, and you broke. “Liam, I can’t - they just. I can’t stand the fighting,” you said, struggling to get the words out around your tears. Liam murmured comforting words on the other line. “Give me 10 minutes, sweetheart, I will be right there.”

Zayn:

You knocked on the front door of Zayn’s flat with your left hand, as your right held a bag of personal belongings and school books. He opened the door in nothing but his boxers, still rubbing sleep from his eyes. “[Y/N], what’s up, come in,” he said as he ushered you inside. You walked into his kitchen, Zayn following you. You threw your bag onto the table and leaned against the counter. Sighing, you put a hand to your head. Zayn came up to you, putting a hand on the counter on either side of you. “What’s wrong, babygirl?” he asked, pressing a swift kiss to your lips. You looked down. “Zayn, I can’t take all this divorce crap. It’s so stressful for them, but it’s just as stressful for me, and I have so much to do for school, and I keep getting these headaches, and I can’t wait for this whole thing to be over, but I don’t really want my parents to split, and-” Zayn cut you of with a finger to your lips. “Calm down. You can stay here for a little while, we’ll get you de-stressed, baby. Promise,” he said, bringing his fingers up to massage your temples.

Louis:

“Louis, it’s so scary. My mom’s not a really a stable person, and this whole divorce business is slowly tearing her apart. I don’t want to lose either of my parents but they’re both leaving me, in different ways,” you whispered, curled up in Louis’ lap. He had one hand on your hip, drawing soothing circles with his fingers, while the other pushed some hair out of your face. “You know my parents got divorced a few years ago,” Louis started, a serious expression on his face. “Well, it was really hard for my mom. And I couldn’t be there for her, and it was scary, but, she’s okay now. We still have a family. Just make sure your mom knows that you’re there. She’ll be just fine, and you will always have my family, too,  [Y/N],” he reassured you. “Nothing you can do will make us leave you.”

Niall:

You were sitting on Niall’s bed, facing him while he sat in the chair by his desk. The two of you were throwing a tennis ball back and forth, keeping your hands busy while your minds wandered. “I just don’t know, Niall,” you said after a period of silence. “I love both of my parents, this doesn’t change anything. Even I can tell they’ll be better off separate. But I can‘t choose between them,” you emphasized, running a hand through your hair before catching the tennis ball. You tossed it back towards Niall as he began to speak. “Tell them that, then,” he shrugged, catching the ball. “Tell them you need to see both of them, and that you can’t just stay with one. I had a friend back in Mullingar who stayed with his mom during the week and hung out with his dad on the weekends. Maybe you can do something like that?” You nodded towards Niall, happy with his suggestion, and caught the ball.

Harry:

“Harry,” you mumbled. The two of you were laying on your backs in the park, cloud watching. Your hands were intertwined but you were otherwise separate. “What happens now? I mean, I always thought my parents were the perfect couple. They seemed so in love. If any marriage could last forever, I thought it would be theirs.” You shifted your gaze from the clouds to Harry, to find him paying rapt attention to you. “Babe, are you worried about our future?” he asked sitting up. You followed him and nodded, avoiding his gaze. “[Y/N], why? So your parents fell out of love - maybe they were missing something from the start. But we’re good. We have consummate love - passion, companionship, and intimacy. There is nothing in this world or the next that can take that away, baby.”

AN: So yeah second to last one. Last one posted very soon. Sorry it's a sad one but I can relate to these.

COMMENT 

VOTE

FAN

-lilmisscupcake