Preference 65- you have a miscarriage

You Have A Miscarriage

AN: So if you cannot tell by the title this one may be a bit sad to some people.

Liam:

This couldn't be happening. You and Liam had tried so long and when you finally got pregnant, you couldn't have been more thrilled. Now here you were, leaving the doctor's office after just finding out you had miscarried the baby.

You were only 12 weeks along, and the doctor said that was normal, but still you had doubts. What had you done wrong? Could you have stopped this from happening? The answer probably was no, but you would always have that guilt. You barely made it home, and when you did you, you closed the door and broke down. You collapsed into the floor, sobbing. You hadn't noticed that Liam was home, so when he came running down the stairs, you tried to wipe away your tears, but failed miserably.

"Darling?! What's wrong? What happened?" You could barely speak through the tears,

"The b-baby.... It's gone.... The doctor said.... It wasn't my fault.... But he lied! It'll always be my fault!!!" You were screaming now as Liam took in everything you had just said. He picked you up and held you for a good 10 minutes before he spoke.

"Y/N, it is not your fault. Don't ever say that again." You just nodded as he stood up, still carrying you, to take you to bed. That night was a long and painful night. You would sleep for about an hour and the wake up from a nightmare.

Liam was up most of the night, staring at the ceiling and every time you'd look at him, you'd see a tear run down his face. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Maybe you weren't meant to have a baby in your life right now...

Niall:

"Honey!!! I'm home!" You were sitting on the couch, in your pajamas, when Niall came in. "I brought dinner, princess."

You smiled and thanked him, but said, "I'm not hungry." He gave you a weird look but ate his food anyway. As he was eating, he was looking at you. Had he guessed? Was he going to blame you?

"Princess? You okay? You look kinda... sick. And how come you don't wanna eat? You got to eat for that little one." He said, gesturing to your belly, that hadn't even began to show... Now it would never show.

You felt a teat slide down your face, and you thought you had wiped it away before Niall could see, but you didn't. "Y/N? Please tell me what's wrong." You shook your head. He'd hate you. He'd divorce you. You continued to blame yourself, but you finally spoke.

"Niall, we lost the baby. It wasn't our fault... things just happen. We can try again soon." You were being strong, and had made it through what you had to say without crying, but then you saw your husband crying. That broke you. Now you were both in tears, sitting on the couch. He had his arms around your waist and your head was lying on his shoulder.