Preference 159- Rain Moment

Rain Moment

Zayn:

No one really knew that you were afraid of thunderstorms, except for your parents of course. You especially made sure that there was no way that your boyfriend Zayn knew about your irrational fear. However tonight you found yourself alone in a hotel room, with what felt like the worst storm you had ever experienced raging outside, smashing buckets of rain against the balcony door and tree branches slashing at the windows. You whimpered softly as you curled up further on the small couch in the room. You were currently in America traveling with Zayn and the rest of the boys, Zayn was supposed to be sharing this room with you, but he was over at one of the other boys rooms having a band meeting before they kicked off their first show. “It’s fine Y/N” you told yourself sternly, “stop being stupid.” But as another crack of thunder rumbled through the room, followed by a bright slash of lightning, you couldn’t help it, you picked up your phone and had dialled Zayn’s number before you could stop yourself. You didn’t even hear what Zayn said when he answered because at the first sound of his voice through the line you started sobbing. “Y/N what’s wrong?” Zayn asked, voice suddenly frantic. You tried to answer but as the window shook from another clap of thunder you could only let out a strangled cry. You heard Zayn talking to the other boys “lads I’ve got to go, Y/N needs me” you heard him say, followed by the sound of a door opened “I’m on my way” Zayn said down the phone to you. Not long after, you heard the handle jiggle and then the door opened to reveal a worried looking Zayn. You were so relieved to see him that you let out another loud sob, which had him rushing across the room and pulling you into his arms as he sat beside you. His hand immediately started to rub comforting circles into your back as you curled yourself tightly into Zayn’s chest, the steady beat of his heart calming you. “What’s wrong?” Zayn asked again, and this time you managed to mumble out an answer, “I’m afraid of thunderstorms.” There was no laughter like you expected, Zayn only tightened his arms around you, pressing a kiss to your forehead “well I’m here now, nothing’s going to hurt you” he reassured you and you felt your breathing even out as you finally began to calm down.

Liam:

It was yours and Liam’s anniversary and he had set up a beautiful dinner for you in the back room of a restaurant so you could stay hidden from the fans. The dinner was intimate in a dimly lit room, with candles scattered around and a small two person table set in the centre with a rich red tablecloth covering it. You had spent the night enjoying each other’s company and catching up on everything you had missed while Liam had been on tour. You had both just finished your desert when you looked up at Liam with a huge smile covering your face “thank you Liam, this has been a beautiful night, I missed you so much” “I missed you to” Liam replied softly. “Ready to go home?” Liam asked standing up and offering you his hand. You nodded, taking his hand and standing, before he pulled you into his side and lead you to the exit. You opened the door and were shocked to see that in the time you had been in your own little world with Liam, the outside world had become a downpour. Liam wrapped his arm tighter around you, preparing to run to the car. You stopped him by resting a hand on his chest “wait, Liam I have a favour,” you said, cheeks flushing with embarrassment. “What is it Y/N?” Liam asked looking at you in confusion. “Have you seen HSM3??” You asked, cheeks brighter than before. “Yeh” Liam said slowly. “Well I kinda always wanted a moment like Troy and Gabrielle on the rooftop. Liam laughed as realisation dawned on him and he stepped back and extended his hand. Immediately you took it and as he stepped out into the rain with you, his arms encircled your waist and your arms wrapped around his neck as you both swayed in the rain. You laughed at each other as your hair stuck to your forehead and cheeks and raindrops clung to your eyelashes. “Thanks Li” you said smiling at the fact that he had gone along with your crazy romance idea. “Anything for you” he replied smiling down at you, “though I think there was something else Troy and Gabrielle did in the rain.” You didn’t have time to even consider his words before he leant down and pressed a warm kiss to your lips, and you melted into his embrace, while the rain continued to fall around you.