Chapter 43

Where are we going?" Josh whines. He has been asking the same question for the last 15 minutes. Jenna and Tyler are just ignoring him as we drive, talking amongst themselves. Then Josh starts lightly tapping on Tyler's chair, who is driving.

"Jish, stop."

"Tell me where we are going."

"You'll find out soon enough." Jenna chips on, peeking over her sunglasses to talk to Josh. She gives him a motherly glare, which shuts him up.

"Everyone hates me." He pouts, leaning into my shoulder. I smile and pat leg, taking his hand in mine. Reaching forward for the aux cord, I plug in my phone.

Ruby starts playing and Jenna smirks. Josh taps along to the music while Tyler and I sing. Jenna watches Tyler the whole time, recording us all. We are all just laughing and having a good time, which is also doing a great job at distracting Josh.

As I watch us get closer to the rides sticking out over the crowds of cars and buildings, Josh is still just drumming away with his eyes closed. When the song ends, I poke his arm and point. His mouth drops, and he looks back and forth from the rides to me.

"We're going there?" His voice cracks, excitement taking over. I nod, and Jenna squeals as Josh just keeps looking in shock. Then he starts bouncing, the biggest grin on his face.

Not Today starts playing, and he bounced his head along with it, everyone joining in on the singing. It feels like one big family, with everyone singing off pitch, grinning like fools.

~~~

"Let's go on the swings!" Josh shouts, pulling me into line. Looking up at the people on the ride already, I see how high they are and wince quietly. Josh doesn't say anything, just squeezes my hand and offers me a smile. I'm doing this for Josh, it will be ok.

When we are allowed on, Josh holds my hand as we find seats. He chooses a seat in front of me after buckling me in and kissing my forehead. When he is settled, he looks back at me with excitement in his eyes. He blows kisses, trying to relax me. The ride starts and he looks forward again, gently kicking his feet.

We get higher and higher in the air, and it's taking all of my courage not to scream. Josh is laughing and having the time of his life, so I just focus on his laugh. He peeks back at me and I smile at him.

The ride finished and Josh is bouncing up and down, jumping out of the seat once it stops. He comes to mine and helps me, because for some reason I can't do it by myself. I grab his hand and lead us away from the demon swings. We walk around a bit, admiring the game stands, when I spot my favorite ride, the music express.

I start slapping Josh's arm, pointing at the ride and he grins, pulling my arm so we are in line. He holds me in his arms as we wait, just talking about all of the things he wants to do today.

After we are settled in our cart, Josh on the inside with me on the outside, he quickly takes out his phone.

"I want to remember this day. So I want as many photos as possible." He whispers before wrapping his arm around my shoulders and snapping the picture. I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Jishawa is so cheesy!" Tyler screams with a grin. Josh and I both look up to see the both of them in the cart in front of us. Jenna waves as Tyler smirks at Josh. The ride starts and they turn around. Josh puts his phone away and hold onto my hand, grinning like crazy.

As we got faster and faster Josh and I can't stop laughing. I look over at him and admire the beautiful man. His hair is flying everywhere, some strands blending in with mine. He honestly looks happy right now.

After we stop, we wait for Tyler and Jenna. They both look like they're having a good time too, so that makes me happy. We stand in a group for a couple of minutes, all of us just talking and laughing. But then Tyler is eager to play games, dragging Jenna over to a booth, Josh and I tagging along in the back.

"Lets see who is better at this game." Tyler challenges Josh, who smirks and nods, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Let's do this."