Chapter 25

(Josh P.O.V)

"Ok, she's all stitched up, Mr. Dun. She's getting changed right now. Will you please explain how she got hurt again?" The doctor questions me, taking off his gloves.

"She'll be doing something and just... Blackout. It ranges from anywhere to fifteen minutes to like four hours. Sometimes she says she'll just blink and the time has passed, or she'll be doing something and just wake up on the floor, like today. She was shaving after her shower and I thought she was just like taking a bath or something? But I started knocking on the door and she didn't answer for a while then she called me and I broke open the door. She was on the floor covered in blood.." I break off my sentence, not being able to finish. I will never forget how vulnerable she looked.

The doctor nods, face scrunched. Taking out a notepad, he writes down some things. The door opens and Abby-Lynn steps out, smiling at me. Taking her hand in mine, I pull her close and hug her. Resting my head on top of hers, I feel her hands slither around my waist, clutching onto the back of my shirt. After I kiss the top of her head, I pull away, grabbing her hand.

"You're lucky you didn't hit your head, Abby." The doctor looks at her, sympathetic. She gives an embarrassed smile and nods, squeezing my hand. "I'm going to give you my card. If this happens again, I want you to call me. I would like to figure out what is going on with you so you can be put out of harms way. Ok?" He talks fast, reaching into his pocket and shoving the card into her hands.

She nods, stuffing it into my jean pants pocket. Looking up at me, she just realizes what shes done, and laughs. Her hands fly up to her mouth as her face turns red with the lack of oxygen.

"I just touched your butt without thinking about it. What a wasted opportunity." She says, wiping away a tear from her eye, which causes me to give a short, loud laugh.

"Let's get you back to the hotel, baby." I say, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. She leans her head on my shoulder, a small smile on my face. She really is so beautiful.

~~~

"Are you sure this will work, Ty? I want to make sure it's the very best.."

"I'm absolutely positively positive this will work. Now chill, let's go get some tacos to calm you down."