Chapter 81

Authors note:
I know this chapter is short and boring, I'm sorry. I have had writers block for a long time, which is why it took my forever to upload. I promise the next chapter will be better guys, thank you for sticking with my through this.
P.s. I am now 18! I've actually made it to my 18th birthday, and I'm hella proud of myself. To express that, today I will be getting a tattoo!!! 'Stay alive' on my collarbone. Super excited guys.
Thanks for sticking with me guys, I love you all. Have a good day. xoxo ~

Josh P.O.V.

"So what are you gonna do now, dude?" Tyler sat down next to me at the dining table, placing a cup of coffee between my hands. Glancing up at him, I nod gratefully. Jenna and Mom decided that they had wanted to Abby-Lynn on a girls day out and maybe try to get her mind off of everything. Sighing, I run a hand over my face.

"I don't know man. I don't want her to feel like I'm doing it out of pity." Taking the box out of my pocket, I look at the ring, a sadness rippling through my body. I was so close to doing it, I was so close to proposing to my Abby. I wanted nothing more than to make her my wife, but now that we know the bad news, what if she thinks I'm doing it because I feel bad for her? What if she thinks it's not a good time to get engaged?

"Honestly, I think you should still do it. I can see where you're coming from, but it also might prove to her that you mean it when you say you'll be by her side through the whole thing." Tyler gently takes the box from my hand and expects the ring, a soft smile on his face. "She's going to love this."

"I really hope she does. I only want the best for her... Tyler, I want to propose before going on tour in two days, what do I do?" I put my head down on the table and groan, so many  thoughts rushing through my head at once. Abby-Lynn. Her illness. Tour. Her surgery. Everything. "What are we going to do on tour? I need to be there with her for that, for all of her appointments. I can't let her go to all of those alone."

"We will figure something out, buddy. I promise." Even though his promise is sincere, we both know it's not something we can really control. We can't stop the tour, too many people have stayed alive for moments like those. So many people have already bought tickets, already have high expectations.

What the hell am I going to do.

~~~~

Jenna P.O.V.

"That is adorable!" I squeal, looking over at Abby-Lynn's nails. Momma Dun and I took her out in hopes to get her out of her mind. I know how much the news has been weighing down on her and Josh, and we want to make it easier in anyway possible. So, we took her out to get her nails done. 

"It's like a tribute to Josh." She winks, a small smile playing on the corner her lips. Her nails are a galaxy and sparkly as ever. On the ring finger of each hand is a small UFO painted. Momma Dun looks at her nails and grins while rolling her eyes.

"What do you want to do after this, Ab?" She looks down at her nails, her concentrating face on. Looking at her right now, you'd never think she was going through so much.

"I want to get something for Josh. Like, a necklace or something. Just so he can always have it when I'm not on tour with him." She smiles brightly at me, and I kindly return it. I forgot, she's not going to be on the whole tour this time. Looking back at her with her not looking at me, I finally can see how sad she is. And it breaks my heart apart to see my friend like that.

"I love him more than anything. And he always does so much for me. But I don't want him to cancel the tour. It's all he has been talking about. I know how happy he is while playing with Tyler, I know how many fans use their concert as a lifeline. And I can't take that away from any of them, I won't. So I need him to know I'll be ok. I need him to know that he needs to focus on the tour."

Through everything I've been through with Abby-Lynn, this is the moment I realized something completely different. She's stronger than I could've ever thought.