Chapter 48

(Josh P.O.V.)

"You're not important. Honestly, I'm with you just to get famous. You're nothing to me." Abby-Lynn spits at me, shoving me to the ground. "Why are you even still here?"

I can't help but let the tears fall, but I stay quiet. She throws her head back laughing. The next second she has me by my throat, claws digging into my skin. I can feel blood sliding down my neck, but I still don't move. I don't hit girls, especially girls I love.

"Im here because I love you." I tell Abby-Lynn, and she just glares back into my eyes, hate evident on her face. She's scowling in disgust and I can feel my heart slowly breaking.

"I don't want your love, dumbass."

I'm jolted awake, frantic. I look to my side and see Abby-Lynn sleeping, her chest rising and falling in a calming pattern. I quickly slide of of the bed and go to the bathroom. Taking deep breaths, I splash water on my face.

"It's just a dream, Josh. You're fine. That wasn't her." I have hands on my face. I can't get rid of the picture of all of the hate on her face. Falling to the ground with my back against the tub, I lay my head on my knees.

Trying to calm my breathing, sobs break out before I can stop it, causing me to cover my mouth with my hand. Tears stream down my face and I can't help but feel empty. What if that really was her.? What if she doesn't love me?

My chest is aching and I take a shaky inhale, trying to make it better. I wish I didn't have to hurt this bad. As I'm trying to calm down, the picture of her flashes in my head again, her hands around my throat once more and I let out a strangled sob.

"Josh. Shhhh, baby. It's ok." Abby-Lynn is beside me, and I stare at her wide eyes, jumping away from her. She stares at me confused. Is this the real her? I don't know anymore. "Josh, you're ok. Take a deep breath."

She speaks in the loving voice she always does with nothing but sadness and passion in her eyes. I drop to my knees in front of her and wrap my arms around her torso, head on her stomach. She puts her hands in my hair and brushes is down, trying to calm me. Im sobbing again, but she's not judging me.

"Come on, let try this," Abby says, pulling me up. She bends over into the tub and turns it on. She adds some bubbles she always bring with her, and looks at me with a soft smile. "Warm baths always help me. We will take one together, ok? Clothes on, of course."

She takes my hand and gently leads me over, keeping a steady hand on me as I shakily crawl into the tub. She gets in behind me, and wraps her arms around my torso, head against my back. I let out a sigh, and she gently rubs my chest in a soothing manner.

Soon enough, the water is almost overflowing, so we turn it off. She points to a scrub and tells me to hand it to her. After doing so, she pours body wash on it, and the next thing I know she's washing my back.

"I don't know what caused this to happen, but I promise I'll be here through whatever. I love you." I turn around, which to be honest is super difficult. I stare into her eyes, they hold no anger, no hate, just love. She slides her hand to my neck, wrapping around the back of it. I let out a sob, the touch is so different from the dream. This is my Abby-Lynn.

Grabbing her in my arms, I bury my face in her shoulder. She whispers soothing things, and soon enough I don't want to cry anymore. She taps my shoulder and asks if she can finish washing me which causes me to laugh.

I turn around and she finishes scrubbing my back, and rinses it off. The way her hands move is so soothing, that I'm even dozing off in the tub.

"No no, I gotta wash your front real quick. Then you can sleep." She gently turns me and I watch her as she washes me.

"Why are you doing this? Washing me?" She looks up at me with a quizzical face, as if it is obvious.

"I'm doing this because I love you. And I'm washing you because when I came in here, you were scratching at your skin. So if this even helps the slightest I'll do it." My heart soars as I watch her talk. She grins at me and rinses off my chest, and pulls the plug out of the drain.

Abby stands up and grabs a towel, wrapping one around her and tossing me the other one. She turns away from me, so I don't look. Drying off my body? I wrap the towel around my waist before sliding off my wet shorts.

"Lets hang our clothes here." She says, tossing her clothes over the shower rack. Apparently she had the same idea as me to get the clothes off as soon as possible, because she is only wearing a towel too.

After giving her some pjs to wear and getting some for myself, we make our way back to bed. It's so difficult to keep my eyes open. Crawling under the covers, I yarn which causes Abby to giggle.

"Come here." Her voice whispers. I look up at her through the darkness. "You can lay on me tonight instead of me laying on you." I can't help but grin at how cute she is. I put my hands out to find her, and I place my head on her shoulder, wrapping my arm around her stomach. She wraps her arm around my shoulder and places her other one on my arm.

"I love you, Josh. I mean it."

"I love you, Abby-Lynn. Thank you."