Chapter 68

I don't think this house has ever been this silence before. As time ticks down until my appointment, everyone keeps on glancing at the clock. Honestly, I think my nervousness has gotten to them, because everyone knows it's serious. Momma Dun stands beside the counter, continuously stirring her coffee, Jordan and Ashley quietly play cards on the kitchen table while Abigail watches with a bored expression. Tyler and Jenna are on the couch, Tyler holding onto Jenna's hand tightly while she rubs patterns into his back. Josh, my poor Josh, sits beside me, nervously playing with my fingers, lifting them up and down.

I don't like the quietness. I can't stop thinking about how today can change my life forever. Looking over at Josh, I notice that he's been biting his lip apart. I lift my hand up to his face, cupping his cheek and run my finger across his lip, gently so I don't hurt him. It feels as if the house grows stiff, and I can feel everyone's eyes on us. Everyone is waiting for someone to break the silence.

I gaze into Josh's eyes, and it takes all of my courage to not throw my arms around him. His eyes look so sad, thick with emotion, lost in thought. I know this scares him almost as much as it scares me.

I smile as I feel his head leaning into my hand. He sighs deeply, and I lean down to kiss his forehead. I don't know how I got lucky enough for this drummer boy to be mine. I decide that this silence is enough.

"I love you, Josh." As soon as I speak, it feels like all of the tension in the house leaves, allowing warmth to creep back in. Josh smiles up at me, one of his signature squinty eye smiles.

"I love yo-" Josh manages to get out before hands swoop me up and spin me around. They throw me over their shoulder and I can tell by the shoes it is Tyler. Josh reaches out to me with his hand, a small pout on his face as Tyler walks further and further away.

He gently tosses me onto the sofa beside Jenna, who looks at me with a smirk. Before Tyler sits down, he wraps his arms around me as he still stands, towering over me. He squeezes me, and I lay my head on his chest. After the hug, he sits down beside Jenna, who grabs his hand.

"We have another... Dare for you, little Abby-Lynn." I raise my eyebrows at Jenna as she speaks. I remember last time they dared me very, VERY clearly. Tyler giggles slightly, as if remembering the time with me. Jenna looks so devilish right now.

Looking over at Josh, I notice that he keeps glancing over here, curios. I nod slightly, and Jenna knows I accepted it. I'd do anything to make Josh feel a little better.

"Great!" She pulls me closer to her, whispering in my ear. "I have a little something something for you to wear. It's upstairs already placed on your bed. Go change into it, then text Josh to come upstairs to see it. You better tell us about his reaction!"

I can't help but blush. They  are the most sexual people ever, I can't imagine what they have for me. Tyler and Jenna nod at me as I stand up. Josh looks over and raises and eyebrow at me, but I shake my head. Slowly, very slowly, I make my way upstairs.

~~~~~~

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me."