Chapter 72

"Hey... Psssst. Abby-Lynn..." A voice whispers in my ear, causing me to jolt awake. Tyler is standing there above my bed, offering a small smile. I rub my eyes and slowly unwrap myself from Joshs arms. Tyler offers me his hand and together we walk out of the room. In the dim light, I can see that his eyes are bloodshot, and his hair an absolute mess. He puts his fingers to his lip, signaling me to be quiet still, and he leads me to the porch.

Outside sits Jenna, wrapped in a blanket. When she sees us stepping out of the door, she jumps up and throws her arms around me, the blanket offering a nice, warm embrace. Our bodies vibrate as a shaky sigh leaves her body.

"What's wrong, J?" I question, hugging her tighter. Jenna is so strong, so to see her acting like this is incredibly strange. She buries her head into my shoulder, refusing to speak.

"Jenna had a nightmare..." Tyler mutters, and a sob racks through Jenna's body. "She woke up in tears, and demanded we come here to make sure you were ok." With my arms still wrapped tightly around her, I push us over to the swing on the porch.

"Y-It was horrible. We were all at a concert, and ev-everyone was having a good night. And while you were walking to the bus while the boys were doing their meet and greet... Someone shot you. Someone shot you and we all heard you scream. We ran to you as fast as we could, but, but you were bleeding. It was so much. Josh was holding you and trying to stop the blood.

"The ambulance came and the doctors couldn't stop it. We went inside to say goodbye, and you.... You had lost so much blood. We were all covered in your blood... We tried, we all tried bringing you back, but you died. We couldn't save you. You died right in front of us."

Jenna sobs, and I can hear Tyler softly crying on the other side of the porch. I'm speechless, just squeezing her tighter. She's clinging onto me for dear life, as if she lets go, I'll disappear.

"It was so surreal. When I woke up, it's like it was true. I can't have you dead, Abby. Please don't ever leave me, please don't ever leave Tyler, and please don't ever leave Josh. Both of your screams are burned into my brain and it hurts-it hurts." Tyler walks over to us now, sitting on the other side of Jenna.

The front door opens and a puffy eyed Josh steps out, and after closing the door, he quickly makes his way over to us as well. Laying his head in my lap, he wraps his arms around both Jenna and I. Jenna lets go of me and throws her arms around Josh, and everything is silent.

I'm still shocked by Jenna's dream, by how much it has terrified her. It kills me to see her like this, breathless and tear stained.

Wiping the tears off of my face, I wrap my hand around Jenna's, and gently pull her up after Josh moves. I offer a small smile towards everyone, and we slowly make our way to the living room. Jenna is clinging onto my arm, with Tyler occasionally having the make sure it doesn't fall off of her shaking body.

I sit down on the floor in front of the couch, and Jenna does the same, leaning her head on my shoulder. Josh lays in my lap, while Tyler lays in Jenna's. As Josh picks a show for us to watch, I glance at Tyler and smile at how he is humming softly while tucking Jenna's hair behind her ear.

"Is this good?" Josh's voice cracks, and we all mutter yeahs. Josh tucks his arms under the small of my back and rest his head on my stomach. Softly, I run my hands throw his hair, untangling any knots he has. Soon enough, he is asleep.

"I'm glad you're alive, Abby." Jenna's voice sounds throughout the living room, quiet as ever. Looking over at her, we smile at each other, and seconds later she is asleep. Everyone is asleep but me. I scan over my sleeping friends, and I can't help but feel so blessed to have them in me life.

Looking up at the tv, I see the show is back on. A young beautiful girl is on the screen, singing her heart out to Wrecking Ball. On the stage, she looks at home. Looking closer, I remember her. A lovely singer I used to watch on YouTube all the time. A girl who had so much ahead of her: Christina Grimmie.

~authors note~
Hey guys. Sorry, this chapter was really short and really delayed, but it's in honor of Christina Grimmie. I've listened to her for a long time, and she was taken too soon. She could've done so much more.
Be careful out there, guys. I love each and everyone of you. xoxo~