20

Kevin opened his eyes, squinting at the bright light in front of him. He rubbed at his eyes as they adjusted, wondering if this is what it looked like when you go to Heaven. All he heard was crying all over the place, making him raise an eyebrow.

Why would Angels cry for you?

"Oh my goodness, Kevin!"

He turned his head towards Alyssa, recognizing that voice from anywhere. She was crying and gasping for air, but it looked like she didn't care at that moment. She hugged Kevin righty yet carefully, so grateful to see her husband healthy and well.

"Oh my gosh, Kevin! I thought I lost you."

Uh?

"Kevin?" A timid voice asked, causing him to look at his other side. Mitch was there, playing with his sleeves. "I missed you. You took a very long nap."

I was in a coma?

"Ah, Mr. Olusola," a doctor exclaimed, walking in the room. Kevin looked at him, his confusion growing. "You look very well. You are suffering from a small brain injury and temporary paralysis. With some therapy, you will be okay in no time."

Kevin nodded, still confused by what landed him in the hospital. Why change remember anything? All he remembered was someone hitting the back of his car and he went towards a hill...

Oh...

"I'm so sorry I yelled at you, baby," Alyssa told him sweetly, kissing his cheek. "I hope you could forgive me."

Mitch gave him his Rilakkuma bear, smiling when Kevin squeezed it a bit. The male Beta, however, was confused. He had one question, a question he has yet to figure out.

"Doctor?"

"Yes, Kevin?"

"Why are these nurses being nice to me?"

~~~

"He forgot who you are?" Scott asked, widening his eyes. Mitch nodded, trying his best not to cry. "Mitchy, I'm so sorry. How's Alyssa?"

"She's not any better," Mitch answered sadly, his voice shaking. Alyssa stayed there at the hospital, trying to figure out why Kevin forgot about them. "It was like he forgot every memory we had with each other. He was, is, an older brother to me."

Scott held Mitch's hand, brushing his thumb over the small knuckles. The Omega did not deserve to go through that at that moment. When he thought Kevin woke up from that 'long nap', he thought the Beta will be okay and joking around with him like always. Now he can't remember a single thing about him and he honestly doesn't know why, which brought him to the conversation he had with Alyssa before Kevin woke up.

"Scott?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Do I have a mentality of a child?"

Scot sighed as he nodded, gripping onto the small hand tighter. Mitch looked down at his lap, ashamed of his mentality.

"Yes, you do. Your parents and I talk about it all the time. You were diagnosed when you were only five years old. Right now, you have a mentality of a kindergartener, maybe a first grader. Your doctor is confused because you act like a fully developed Omega even though you haven't attended Omega School. Nobody knows the real reason why you act or think the way you do. It's okay though, baby. You're special."

"I don't want to be special though," Mitch whispered, his voice shaking. Scott squeezed his hand tighter, his heart breaking when Mitch began to cry. "I want to be normal, just like you."

DivergentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara