6

Mitch froze when he heard the paper ripping, sitting up after Scott was done ticking him. Alex had the ripped paper in his hands, looking at them guiltily. Mitch gasped as he stood up, getting the paper from Alex as he looked at his ripped masterpiece.

My...my drawing. It's ruined.

"I'm so sorry," Alex began, frowning a bit. Mitch refused to look at him, his heartbreaking at the paper. "I thought I picked up a random piece of paper and ripped it so I could color on it. I didn't even know it was yours. I'm sorry, Mitch."

You are a good liar, Alexander Kirk.

Mitch bit his lip, nodding his head at Alex's apology. Scott watched his old Mate and husband interact, knowing that Alex was lying. Alex rarely lied, but it was easy to tell when he did.

"I accept your apology," Mitch replied, picking up some tape. Alex nodded, wanting to huff at Mitch's forgiving nature. "You're okay. I would have done the same thing. People make mistakes and that's okay. I'm not mad at you."

Alex nodded, angry that he couldn't outrage the sweet Omega. Mitch taped the drawing back together and handed it to Scott, a smile on his face.

"It's our family," Mitch exclaimed happily, pointing at the drawing. Scott smiled, his heart warming up at the piece of art. "I hope you like it."

"I don't."

"Oh, okay. I understand. Ill make a better one."

"I love it!"

Mitch giggled as he hugged Scott, kissing him on the cheek multiple times. Jessi looked back at Alex, glaring a bit. They know something is fishy about Alex and they will find out in no time.

Something is wrong with Alex and I refuse to give up and not find out what is he hiding.

Mitch kissed Scott on the cheek, letting go of the hug and screamed when he was tickled. Scott laughed along with him, taking him to the ground once more. The couple laughed until Scott stopped tickling Mitch, the both of them breathing heavily. They made eye contact with one other and were about to kiss when Melody began to cry, causing Mitch to stand up quickly.

"I'm going to check on her. Jessi, do you want to come upstairs with me?"

Jessi nodded as they stood up, wanting to get away from Alex before they hurt him. Mitch kissed Scott gently and walked upstairs, Jessi behind him. When the door closed, Alex stood up and took Scott's hand and smiled happily.

"You are very happy for someone who just lost their Mate," Scott pointed out, gasping instantly when he realized why he said. "I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't mean that. That's so rude of me."

"You're fine," Alex reassured, not showing any emotions that involved sadness. He moved his hand up to Scott's bicep, sighing quietly. "Do you remember how much we loved each other? I miss that."

"I guess I do too?" Scott asked more than commented, not knowing what Alex was getting at. "I'd be lying if I said we weren't cute together."

"We were the cutest couple in the world."

"Now I guess the cutest couple in the world is me and Mitch."

Ouch.

"Yeah, I guess so," Alex replied, trying not to roll his eyes. "I have one last thing to say."

"What is that?"

"Forever and forever, Scarecrow?"

Scott felt his heart flutter a bit but not in love. His heart fluttered by memories, memories that made him happy. He smiled a bit, remembering the beautiful words he use to share with Alex.