9

The next day came faster than Scott wanted it to, but he isn't care that much. All he cared about was Mitch being happy. When Mitch was done yelling at Alex, Scott realized how much the shy Omega will snap at anyone if they tried to take his happiness away. Scott just had one question though.

Why didn't Mitch do that in the past?

Why didn't he get angry at Kirstin whenever she hurt him? Why didn't he get angry at Jeremy whenever he threatened to kill Melody when she was still in the womb? Why didn't he get angry every time Ben was cruel towards him? Most importantly, why did he treat everyone, even the cruelest of people, with kindness?

It puzzled Scott to no end. If someone were to even call him stupid, he will have them in a headlock in no time. Mitch will just frown slightly and nod his head. The light in his eyes will disappear and his posture will become more submissive. He will smile weakly and seem to agree with the person, not wanting to start an argument. The beautiful soul that Scott loves so much was and is so terribly abused. His heart broke constantly, being fixed with the weakest of things. His heart has been broken more times than a vase.

Scott remembered a quote his father told him. Rick told him that honesty is like a vase. Once it is broken, you can fix it but it won't be the same. Scott compared the quote with Mitch's heart.

His big heart will be broken and it will be fixed, but it will never be the same.

~~~

"Kevin?" Mitch asked, titling his head. Everyone at the table looked at the Omega, waiting for his answer. "Am I a meanie?"

"No," Melody answered, slapping her hand on the booster chair. Mitch smiled as everyone else laughed, the adorable nature of the Beta making them happy.

"Of course not," Kevin answered, holding onto Alyssa's hand gently. "Why would you ever consider yourself a meanie?"

Mitch picked at his food, thinking of how to answer that question. He took a deep breath, his pale cheeks turning red.

"I yelled at Alex."

"You weren't being rude! You were being honest," Scott reassured, rubbing Mitch's back. Mitch shrugged his shoulders again, feeling bad about the whole situation. "Mitch, you and I are going to do something tomorrow."

"What is it?"

"You'll find out. It involves glass."

"I have some news," Alyssa spoke up, his voice shaking. Tori noticed this and stopped feeding Jordyn for a minute, directing her attention on her friend. "I received some news from my boss."

"Why are they?" Avi asked, becoming worried himself. Jessi looked over at Ben, confused themself. "Are they bad?"

"They're good, bad, and worse," Alyssa replied, tears gathering in her eyes. She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes, refusing to look at anyone. "I have been promoted to a school that teaches all ranks."

"That's amazing," Ben exclaimed, his smile wide. Alyssa let a tear run down her cheek and Ben's smile dropped instantly. "What's the matter?"

"The school is in Northern California. I already accepted the job," Alyssa admitted, nothing how everyone became sad. Here comes the worst news. "Also, they have an advanced oncology ward there. I could go there for checkups."

"Alyssa, that's good," Scott replied, tearing up himself when Alyssa shook her head and sat on her chair and began to cry, sobbing quietly. "What's the matter?"

"My cancer has a 90% replace rate and if it comes back, it cannot be cured."

"What...that means..."