17

Alyssa knew something was wrong the moment she woke up.

She removed herself from her bed, her worrisome thoughts getting the best of her. She walked downstairs, noticing how no one besides Erik and Ariel are here.

Erik and Ariel!

She ran to their room, not stopping even when her lungs began to burn from the sudden movement. She took a sigh of relief when she saw them sleeping peacefully, but her worries came back quickly and worse than before.

What is going on that is making me so worried?!

The doorbell rang suddenly, causing her to run downstairs. Her chest felt like it was on fire now, but she's didn't care. Her thoughts were the main focus right now.

What is going on that is among me so worked up?!

She reached the door, taking a deep breath to control her breathing. It took almost a whole minute, but she began to breathe normally. She opened the door, widening her eyes a bit when she saw a Council member in front of her.

"How may I help you?" Alyssa asked, hanging onto the door. "Did something happen?"

"Are you the wife of Kevin Olusola?"

"Yes I am."

What happened to Kevin?

"I'm so sorry, ma'am," the Council member began, looking at Alyssa sadly. The female Beta nodded, waiting to hear what the other female had to say. "There was an accident."

An accident...my Kevin?

"Wh-what happened?" Alyssa asked, her voice shaking. She felt legs become wobbly, afraid to hear the news. "What happened to my husband?"

"He was involved in a car accident. His car flipped multiple times on a hill and landed in a ditch. He is in critical condition and residing in the hospital."

No...no!

"May you drive me to the hospital?" Alyssa asked, her voice shaking. The Council member nodded, tearing up a bit for the wife. "Thank you so much, ma'am."

"You're welcome."

Alyssa went upstairs, sobs shaking her body. She went into Ariel and Erik's room to get the babies and put them in their baby seats, crying harder as time went by. She was nearly inconsolable as she went downstairs, her sobs echoing in the house. She was led to the car, not talking to the Council member once. Her thoughts consumed her, taking her away from real life.

Kevin, I'm so sorry. If our last moment together is is fighting, remember that I will love you forever.

~~~

"Scoooootttt."

Scott woke up, smiling at his sleepy Omega. They have only been at the hospital for a couple hours since Mitch had his stitches redone and they could leave whenever they wanted to, but Scott don't have the heart to wake his husband up. Melody laughed loudly at Avi's funny faces, causing Mitch to look over at them.

"Aw, you're sweet Avi," Mitch told the Alpha happily, smiling when Melody was handed over to him. "Hi, baby. I missed you."

"Mama," Melody squealed, giggling loudly. Mitch laughed along with her, so happy to have his beautiful daughter in his arms.

"Be careful, Mitchy," Scott warned in a caring voice, smiling at the sweet moment between mom and daughter. "I don't want you to hurt yourself."