13

"Hi, Mitchy," Jessi chirped, smiling at their friend as Ben walked in slowly. Mitch waved, happy to see two people from his Pack here. "You look a lot better!"

"I am, thank you," Mitch replied, looking over at Ben. "Hey, Ben! How are you?"

"I...I honestly don't know," Ben answered, sighing sadly. Mitch frowned and patted his bed, allowing the younger Omega to sit down. "A lot is happening and I don't want any of this stuff that is happening to happen anymore, you know? I'm so tired of everything!"

Mitch rubbed Ben's back, knowing how the young Omega felt. He knows how Ben feels. He would never tell anyone besides his Pack this, but when he was sixteen he was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. He felt like his world was ending and had no one to support and love him through the process. There were days when he would stay in bed and people wouldn't even know where he was. The only thing he really had were pills that his therapist prescribed them and that was about it.

No one held him when he cried. Whenever he had a panic attack, he stayed in a corner in his room while begging someone to take him out of it. He always felt tired when in reality, he wasn't tired like he wanted to sleep. He was tired of everything. Isolation and hopelessness were the only things he faced when battling both of his illnesses. He thought that no one would come and save him.

That is, until he met Scott. The Lead Alpha learned of his anxiety and depression about a month after they were married and he did every bring to make Mitch happy. Scott made sure that the Omega did not feel alone. The Alpha asked his Mate the most random of questions if he felt really sad and had bad thoughts coursing through his mind.

Scott made everything better and Mitch couldn't be anymore grateful for him.

"Ben," Mitch told him softly. Ben nodded, looking up at the older Omega. "I have been in your shoes before. Not your literal shoes. Anyway, I know how you feel. I know what it feels like to be tired without actually wanting to sleep.

"You are going through a tough time, no matter the situation. You will face some challenges, but everything will become better. It'll take a long time, but you will become better. I did. You will be okay, Ben."

Ben began to cry, hugging Mitch carefully. Mitch rubbed his back, smiling a bit while Jessi held their Mate's hand. Ben stayed in Mitch's embrace, breathing heavily. He couldn't help but smile a bit. Mitch is too much for him.

Mitch, you are too kind for this world.

~~~

"I screwed up, like bad."

"How bad?"

"I accused Tori of cheating."

"You're so stupid, Avi."

Scott crossed his arms while Avi sighed sadly, ashamed of his actions. He hasn't heard anything from Tori in a few hours and even though he is at the hospital to see Mitch, he has not seen his fiancée anywhere. Where would she be?

"Why did you accuse her of cheating, Avi?"

Avi thought about it, going back to the day Kirstin brought home Jeremy. He couldn't believe it when he said the words 'Kirstin's Mate'. He found out later on that the two of them were together for two months, a month or so after Kirstin found out she couldn't have babies with him. It broke Avi's heart in a million pieces and now he could be losing the other love of his life.

What have I done?

"I don't know," Avi replied, looking at his feet. Scott nodded, waiting for some clarification. "I guess I just thought back to when Kirstin cheated on me with Jeremy because we couldn't have children together. I guess I just thought back to that. I know that is a terrible accusation, but it just felt like I was being cheated on again. I can't believe I did that and I just want to go back in time and take back everything I said. I'm a terrible fiancé."

"No you're not," Scott reassured his longtime friend. Avi sighed sadly, not believing the Lead Alpha's words. "Just sit her down and have a talk with her. Whenever Mitch and I are going through something, we always sit down and talk. Talking is important, Av. Communication is key."

Avi nodded, taking out his phone to text Tori. He took a deep breath, hoping for the best.

//I need to talk to you. Are you busy?\\

In a short minute, Tori texted back. Avi sighed in relief and read the message, nodding at it slowly.

//I just went on break. I'll meet you in front of the hospital. See you in a few.\\

"I'll be back! I'm going to talk to her! TAVI FOREVER!"

Scott shook his head, happy to see his friend in his childish behavior again. He smiled softly, walking back to Mitch's room.

"Ah, Avi. You never fail to make me laugh."

~~~

Kevin smiled at Alyssa softly, running his hand down her arm. The female Beta smiled up at her husband sadly, sighing sadly. She's ready to tell him about the transplant.

"Kevin, there's something I need to tell you. Something important."

"What is it, my love?"

Here goes.

"After you left the room when my oncologist told us of the relapse, she said that I could have a heart transplant once the cancer spreads to my heart. Once I do that, I could have treatment and I will be okay."

"That's amazing, babe! You're going to survive!"

Alyssa shook we head a bit, making Kevin lose his enthusiasm. She sighed once more, holding the male Beta's hand gently.

"I am on a waiting list. I will have to wait two years in order to receive a heart."

"But you won't be alive for that long! Why are they making you wait?"

"There's only one way in order for me to survive that long."

"What is it, babe? Tell me, please!"

Alyssa bit her lip and held Kevin's hand tighter, not knowing how to respond to that. She took a deep breath, ready to tell another piece of news.

"I have to go through chemotherapy again."

~~~

Jake paced back and forth, waiting anxiously for a phone call. He jumped when he heard the door open and close, turning around to see Alex. He smiled in relief and began to cry, hugging his fiancé close to him.

"Oh, Alex! I missed you! Where were you?"

Alex refused to answer. Instead, he went upstairs and slammed the bedroom door. Jake jumped, wondering what was going on.

Why is he so grumpy?

"Alex, you better tell me what's going on," Jake commanded, stomping upstairs. He opened the door to find Alex on the bed, his arms crossed like a child's. "I refuse to leave until you tell what is wrong."

"Scott loves someone else."

"Yeah, I know. It's the Mitch person. He looks like a sweet person."

"He's anything but."

Jake raised an eyebrow, shaking his head. Sure, he didn't know Mitch that well, but when they met back when Alex was supposed to tell them of Jeremy, the small Omega was shy yet kind. He honestly seemed like the sweetest person in the world in Jake's opinion.

"Stop doing that. You need to realize that Scott loves Mitch. You need to stop obsess-"

"I'm going to kill him."

"Kill who?!"

"Mitch Grassi-Hoying."

A/N: Ooohhhh, it's getting serious up in here.:o I'm so ready for this story. The drama will be starting any time now.;) Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and remember that I love you all.:)

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧