12

A/N: WattPad was on its period yesterday and refused to tell people that Divergent updated. *sigh* Anyway, I was just very depressed yesterday and I don't know why. I'm better now so that's better, I guess. Enjoy this chapter that will hopefully tell people that the story is updated.

Mitch woke up, raising an eyebrow at his surroundings. He tried to sit up, but the pain in his stomach prevented him from doing so. He hissed and laid back down, trying to figure out why he was in the hospital.

Last time I was here, Melody was born. Am I pregnant again?

Mitch shook his head, answering his own question. He would have known if he was pregnant or not.

Right?

He always heard stories of people being pregnant and not knowing until the baby was born. It confused him because he thought that everyone knew that they were pregnant right away.

Maybe it's just me. Why am I in the hospital though?

"Hey, love," Scott called out, walking into the room. He has a teddy bear in one arm and a box of GoldFish in tw other. He held balloons and flowers in his hands. "I come bearing gifts!"

"Yay," Mitch replied in a quiet voice, smiling when Scott put the teddy bear next to him. "Where are you putting the flowers?"

"I'll put them right here," Scott told his Mate, setting them down on the tray near the hospital bed. He put the balloons next to him and set the GoldFish on the ground. "You look better."

"Why would I look better?" Mitch asked softly, tilting his head. Scott laughed a bit, adjusting himself so he would be more comfortable sitting on the chair. "What happened to me?"

"You had an appendectomy," Scott answered, smiling at the confusion Mitch's face. "Your appendix was ready to burst. The doctors had to remove it."

"Oh," Mitch whispered, looking at his stomach. Now that Scott pointed it out, he could feel some bandages on his stomach. "That explains a lot."

Scott kissed Mitch sweetly and picked up the box of GoldFish from the ground. He opened it and offered down to Mitch, laughing when the Omega picked out a handful. Scott took some himself and looked down at his Mate, smiling softy.

I am so thankful to have you, Mitch.

I love you so much, Scott.

~~~

Alyssa sighed as she walked downstairs, not knowing how to tell anyone the news she also received from her oncologist. She wants to say something about the news, but how would she deliver them to everyone else?

At the appointment, her oncologist told her that the cancer will most likely spread to her heart. If it does, then treatment is out of the question. Chemotherapy will not save her.

Unless...she had a transplant.

The transplant is the only option for her to survive. If she has one, she could have treatment and be cured of her cancer. The only problem was that she was put on a waiting list. The list was longer than the handbook each Pack has and the wait for her will be at least two years.

She only had three months to live and if she doesn't have a transplant by the time she is at two months, she will be in hospice care. Everything she has will be gone. She won't have another child, she won't be with Kevin anymore, she won't be in Pack anymore, she won't have the beautiful relationships she's made in the Pack anymore, she won't watch her children grow, she won't be her family anymore...