The L Word, Though Unexpected

Chapter Forty Eight:

Claire's POV 

I had just arrived at a studio in North Hollywood and to tell you the truth, I was nervous. This would be my job for half the year. It was still shocking me from the inside out. Even if it had only been a few days since Selena told me.

Taylor was happy for me though. Which helped a little...

Speaking of him, he was off in Vancouver doing Breaking Dawn business. He'd be back next week. So all I had mostly were these rehearsals.. Nothing that ever stopped me before, but I would be more busy than I have been lately.

I stepped out of my car, tote over my shoulder, I locked Bee and strolled up to the large building. Signs pointed me to the elevators where on the 3rd floor would be the place to be.

Once on the correct floor, I made my way through the mazes of hallways and finally found Studio 7.

Selena spotted me from the window and she opened the door for me, a big smile on her round face.

"Hey!" She hugged me.

I laughed, "Hi hi.." Hugging her back.

"Ready for this?" Her grin grew wide.

I looked around us, seeing about seven other dancers stretching, one in particular looked strangely familiar. That bronze skin, the floppy but gelled hair, those green ey- noooo way.

My eyes closed smugly as my brain tried to wrap around on how the hell was Jack a freaking dancer?

"Are you okay Claire?" Selena shook me out of my raging thoughts.

"Yep, just perfect." I muttered back, stepping around her to go set my stuff down.

I sat and pulled up my pant legs a little before pulling on my tube socks. Seconds after, I felt someone touching my messy - super freaking lazy that won't stay in today - bun, having me look up to see who is was.

Damn it.

"Claire!" Jack smiled looking down at me.

"Oh hey!" I sort of faked a smile. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, I liked the guy but I was engaged! And he knew that too. Though he hadn't talked to me since the day I told him.. I was wondering if he moved on.

He held out his hands and I took them as he pulled me up. I stumbled a bit coming up and fell into his rather large biceps.

I hadn't noticed these before...

Jacks low chuckle caught me off guard as I was staring directly at his chest. "Um." I laughed awkwardly, standing upright.

"Funny how we're here together, huh." He smiled.

"Yeah, funny... So? Why didn't you ever tell me that you danced?" I brought up the unknown.

"Well, I guess I didn't want you to laugh at me.." A small blush came onto his golden skin.

"Laugh?" I raised my eyebrows. "Why would I ever do that..." I was feeling more comfortable as we kept going. It was actually nice.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you do then?"

"Hip hop, popping.. Stuff like that."

"Awesome. Well I can't wait to see what we get to do, so I can see you in action." I winked, chuckling.

His green rounds brightened at the words, having me smile widely back at him.

"Hey you two! Claire? You know jack?" Sel came in between us just a minute later, her black loose curls bouncing off her shoulders.