Hospital Nightmares, Future Dreams

Chapter Forty Two

Claire's POV:

I woke up in what looked like an ambulance.

Strapped to this stretcher, my eyes wandered around myself. I saw a guy sitting to the left of me who suddenly caught my eyes.

"Hello!" I could barely hear him over the blaring sirens and running engine. I just stared at him the best I could.

"We're driving to the hospital now, don't worry." I guessed that, dumb ass.

I was more worried about the guy whom I loved and where he was at.

"Where's Taylor..." I mumbled roughly.

I doubt he heard.

The man leaned forward, placing his ear to my mouth.

"Where is Taylor Lautner.." I repeated.

"The guy who was stuck in the car?"

I barely nodded.

"He's in another ambulance heading to the hospital too.. You'll see him in a few minutes here." He assured me gently.

I sighed and tried to relax my overly beat up body.

We arrived at the Malibu General Hospital and I was more awake than ever, though that came with a price. Livid pain.

I was groaning in agony, feeling all these Goddamn serrated knives protruding along my body at once. I tried gripping my muscles till they were numb, but it only made things worse.

The medics rolled me through the Emergency Room and into one of the private rooms where they would clean me up. I guessed I needed to take a major shower - sarcastically anyway - because I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirrors and saw blood splotches scattered all over my battered body. My hair was in tangles, some glued to my forehead from the red goo seeping from my head. My dress torn and black now from the asphalt. I looked like a girl who had just came back from the depths of hell. It scared me to see myself like this, but it also frightened me to think of how Taylor would look. What was his damage? Since he was still in the flipped car other than myself.

Once I was in my room, they just left me hanging, though the same medic from the ambulance stayed by my side.

Finally, my adrenaline source just strolled through the door.

Taylor was rolled in on his stretcher right next to mine, though he wasn't awake.

My eyes bugged as I watched nurses, medics, and doctors rush in and start up that thingy with the big electric pads. I couldn't remember the name of that machine for the life of me, but I didn't care. They ripped open his shirt and charged up the contraption, soon placing the two on his chest; I almost threw a fit seeing his limp body flop in convulsion from the electricity. Tears streamed down my blood stained face as I screamed his name in terror. I probably sounded like a sick cat, my voice was scratchy and raw.

"Don't you dare give up on me now Taylor!" I yelled hoarsely. "Please don't leave me.." I cried.

They continued doing what they were doing and I knew what was coming.. I always saw it on TV and the patients never turned out in the end.

I wanted so badly to get out of this bed and stand by his side, hold his hand in mine. But I knew I couldn't.

More and more staff members piled into the room, all trying to restrain me from leaping out of the bed.

"Shirley! Put this one out please!" A distressed male called out.

Just then, one of the nurses came over with a huge needle and stuck it in my neck. Screaming once more, I was soon put under. Not knowing whether my boyfriend lived or not.