Up Close And Personal

Chapter Fifty Nine:

Claire's POV

Everything about this day, weather, and time felt almost unknown to me. I had no idea why.. Although while I was clutched onto Taylor's arm as we strolled down the long white tiled corridors of Seattle's airport, I realised that everything here right now was all pretty normal. Few people that were waiting for their flight turned heads to watch the paparazzi follow us. Cameras flashed continuously around us, deep male voices broke the air with questions firing at us multiple times. Some plainly wondered how married life was... Others got a bit more personal. Taylor and I took glances at one another often, just relying on each other to check if we were okay.

11:00am, my phones digital clock read once we finally entered the outside world. Even in August, it was cloudy. Dark, depressing clouds filled the vast sky, with no sun in sight. I tugged a little on my scarf and adjusted my tank top over my belly. The slight chill in the air had me snuggle closer into Taylor's side. He gladly welcomed me in with a arm around my shoulder. The crowd of shouting men slowly dispersed once we arrived at our rental for the next few days. Ironically, the company gave him a Volvo. Though it was white. Taylor held the passenger door open for me with a wide smile across his face, the gesture making me smile. As I stepped inside the familiar car, I wondered... Was I prepared for this Twilight trip?

He sped through the thick, green forests with ease. Everything screamed at me; cozy but dark and mysterious.. Just the sight of seeing the green and brown blurring together as we drove along the winding road, it comforted me so easily. I felt myself sink lower into the leather seat but still keeping my gaze on the happenings from beyond my window. My stomach fluttered when I thought and felt how relaxed I suddenly had become. Holding my husbands hand, having my other hand on my growing little girl, and all while watching nature zoom by. It was all just too good right now. My lids closed slowly as the low hum of the car sang through my body.

"She's sound asleep."

"Should we wake her? She's been out for a while.."

"Nah, let her rest."

I couldn't pull out whom had just spoken. Everybody sounded so muffled. I inhaled deeply through my nose and prepared myself to open my eyes.

"Hey... Taylor, Claire's awake!" I looked over to see Jackson waving over Taylor, who was in the middle of getting his Jacob attire on. I squinted my sleepy eyes at the brightly lit room. Looking around myself I soon noticed that we were in the Cullen house. And... I was laying on a couch.. Hmm.

My eyes trailed to the left, seeing Taylor with some jean shorts on...and thats about it. Though a black T-shirt was thrown over his shoulder. He strode up to me, crouching down to be eye level. I sat up slowly, hearing my spine cracking with the movement, my bulge poofed out a little as I laid back against the arm rest.

"How are you?" He searched my eyes.

"Fine, just fine. Don't worry about me, okay?" I grinned, stroking his cheek with my fingertips. His hand grabbed that hand, twining his fingers through and grasping tightly.

I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted by who I think was the director, Bill Condon.

"Robert, Kristen, Taylor! On set!"

His head whipped around at the announcement, then came back to me. "Gotta go. Be back in a few alright?" I only nodded. He was so flustered with leaving me alone, it was seriously so adorable. "You need anything?" He stood up still holding onto my hand.

"No, but you need to go! I'm perfectly fine, honey." I smiled, shooing him off.

He sighed, "Okay, okay. I love you!"