Life On The Beach

Chapter Forty:

Claire's POV

I came through the garage door with a smile on my face. I had said to Jack that he was welcome over here whenever he'd like. Though I now thought about what would Taylor think of that little idea. I'm sure he would be fine..

I strolled through the empty household, wondering where Taylor was hiding out. I stopped to set my purse and keys down in the kitchen, then looking up and out the window. I spotted an umbrella out on the banks of sand, where underneath laid a very tan person. Smiling, I ran upstairs and changed into my bikini.

Once a towel was wrapped around me, I skipped down the few steps of the porch and made contact with the warm grains of sand. It was only three in the afternoon, but there was a definite breeze in the weather today. The sky held a variety of white puffy clouds. I could easily see them slowly blowing in the wind as I took my time walking down the beach. It was peaceful.

Seagulls making their flight patterns above, circling in and out of the clouds. The waves were pretty calm, until they made their way to shore; crashing into the small cliffs to the left of the house.

I peeked around the rim of the blue umbrella, my eyes laying a sun basking Taylor Lautner. Whom was shirtless and getting tanner by the minute. I knelt down as quietly as I could and leaned forward over his resting face. My fingers caressed his cheek as my lips brushed over his own. My nerves tickled at the warmth of his skin. It was exhilarating.

A low sigh rose from him, his eyelids fluttering open to see me. I smiled sweetly and laid down next to him.

"When did you get home?" He wondered, his voice husky from the light doze.

"Just a few minutes ago." I replied looking up at him.

"How was lunch?" He turned himself more over to face me.

"Good actually. Jack is really nice, Taylor.. I had to take that into account.." I said confidently.

"I didn't say he wasn't."

"I know, but.. I don't think he likes me in any way." Taylors eyes physically brightened at my words. "So you have nothing to worry about alright?"

"Okay." Was all he said, shrugging his shoulders.

God. Guys these days, I joked inside my head.

"Can we just have this moment for ourselves right now?" I said sternly so that he wouldn't think about Jack anymore.

"Whatever you say, my Queen." He chuckled, wrapping his hand around mine.

I shook my head, trying not to laugh.

Later, I decided to go have my share and feel the water. My skin felt as if it were going to be permanently tan from just laying with Taylor for about an hour.

The cool water shocked my surprised toes as the waves licked them. Having me shriek, though happy about it. I liked the contrast of the cold and the warm.

Fire and Ice.

Jack and Taylor..

I kicked myself for thinking of the theory and soon, Taylor joined beside me.

With the water flowing a little higher up the bank now, having soaked some sand, I let go of Taylor and ran over to draw something out in the wet substance.

'I LOVE TAYLOR' I had drawn out with my finger. Putting my hands on my hips proudly and smiling at Taylor.

A smile grew across his face as he read it. Just as he was about to write down something, a small wave strayed out and washed away my message, sort of splashing Taylor in the face. I covered my mouth, giggling. He shook his wet head like a dog and looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I shrugged jokingly in response, grinning.

'I'll always love you..'

I ran up to where he was to read it quickly before the water cleaned it up. My heart beat over the words as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I'll always love you.. my goofy girl." He whispered in my ear. We watched the blue waves carry his message out into the Pacific, sending it into the ocean of forever in my heart.

I turned to him and mended my lips to his. Feeling the passion of a good thousand fires burn through our mouths; feeling our bodies connect in such a way that no one else could copy; feeling his hands secure around my waist, never letting go.

We then parted. Staring wonderingly into one anothers eyes. I breathed a small laugh for no reason and laid my head on his chest. He pulled me closer and kissed the top of my head. I could feel the wind starting to pick up as the seconds went by, the sun slowly making its way down the skyline. It formed small goosebumps on my legs from being splashed by the water. I soon closed my eyes, starting to feel our bodies breathing together. It was a quiet moment, but a memorable one.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine

With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

I get lost in the night so high I don't want to come down

To face the loss of the good thing that I've found

I had chosen Reverly by Kings Of Leon to play on my iPod while we got ready to go out for dinner. It was mellow and slow, but it had a beat, which is what I liked.

Taylor and I had taken a quick shower once off the beach, discussing where we should go eat, since I hated making decisions. Obviously, the man felt like eating steak. No argue there. So he knew right away where to take me.

After blow drying my hair, I put some product in it to keep the curls tame and non frizzy. It turned out to be not as bunched up as I thought, but more wavy than normal. So I then decided to wear it down, though I'd bring a few rubber bands in case it got crazy. I then changed into that new racer back dress that the girls and I bought that one day, with one of the pairs of new gladiator sandals. Making my way back into the bathroom, I grabbed my make up bag and began putting a little this and that on, while jeans-only-Taylor was gelling his hair in front of his mirror.

I was just swiping on some mascara on my other set of lashes when he said,

"Where'd you get that?"

I paused in mid stroke, "Um, here?"

Silence.

"When Kris, Ash, and Nikki took me shopping the other day remember?" I turned.

"Oh, well I guess you didn't show me."

I shook my head, chuckling.

"It looks nice on you is what I'm saying.." He said smiling.

My cheeks fell red, "Thank you." I smiled back.

Taylor always knew how to make me blush, even at the smallest sayings.

He's amazing. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Off to Santa Fe I go :) be back online Tuesday :)  

Till then, comment, vote and fan!!  

Muchly appreciated :D love ya! 

xo