Love Struck

Chapter Three:

Taylor's POV

As we walked side by side down the road, trailing behind our families, we hadn't said anything yet. I was growing anxious but still nervous as the silence grew. I took a glance at her from the corner of my eye. She had her hands in her jean pockets, and a beautiful smile on her face. The slight breeze blowing through her soft brown hair. I couldn't help but let a smile appear on my face. She then caught me looking at her. My cheeks flushed and I looked away down at my feet. Her light laugh was so... uplifting and easy. I smiled to myself and looked up.

"So, did you expect me to be all "Oh my god, it's Taylor Lautner from Twilight" when I saw you?" she imitated a high pitched fan girlie voice very well. I laughed, still looking ahead.

"Um... No." I answered turning my head to look at her. Claire seemed like the kind of girl who wasn't always all gaga over every celebrity that she saw.. She seemed like the type who was always so free, and had a naturally kind personality. And not the kind that was all into the famous life of Hollywood. She raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"Hmm okay. I bet you get tired of all the screaming.."

I grinned. "Sometimes, but I'm grateful for the fans. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am right now."

A small smile came across her face as she looked at me. "True. So tell me, how come Santa Fe?"

I placed my hand behind my neck, thinking. "Well. For vacation, number one. And we just like it here.. It's so peaceful and beautiful.. Plus awesome weather." I chuckled.

"For sure on that." she laughed. "I've only been here once, when I was fourteen. And I loved it once I saw the scenery.. Took so many pictures!"

"I know.. It's amazing here." I looked up at the sky, bright blue with huge white clouds scattered everywhere. She looked up too, keeping that angel like smile on her face.

"Tell me about yourself.." I asked as we parted ways from our group and heading to a small sitting area with a trickling fountain in the center. We sat on the edge of the fountain, just keeping to ourselves.

"Well... I'm a dancer, slash photographer, and I like to hang with my friends, watch movies, eat yummy food." then she added in a whisper. "Even though I'm a dancer, everyone always asks me if I have to be on a strict diet or something. Screw that! I eat whatever I want." She grinned widely. I laughed and gave her a high five.

"Lucky you. I wish I could eat ice cream..." I made a face.

"Oh yeah... Gotta stay in shape. Right." she winked.

Claire wasn't skinny, but she wasn't fat either. Her body shape was just perfect. I could see her large muscles in her calves as she pointed and flexed her feet while we sat. So in a way, she was definitely in shape.

"How long have you been dancing?" Keeping my expression as cool as possible.

She counted with her fingers before speaking again. "About twelve years. Going to be thirteen this coming September.."

"Wow. You must be very good then." I smiled.

A light red came upon her cheeks and she looked away. I could tell she wanted to change the subject... "Besides that, you say that you like photography?" I wondered, crossing my ankles.

She turned back to me and nodded. "Oh yes. I started when I was about thirteen, and have been loving it ever since. My brother Jordan, is really good at it too.. A lot better than me of course." her voice got softer as she went along. "But you know, it's what I love to do. Along side dancing. And my Mom always said that if I didn't become a professional dancer when I grew up, that I would have my photography as my plan B. Though I like to do both." She let a small chuckle escape her lips. I smiled at her and turned more to face her.