How's It Going To Be

Chapter Five:

Taylor's POV

I'm only pretty sure that I can't take anymore before you take a swing I wonder what are we fighting for...

When I say out loud I want to get out of this, I wonder is there anything I'm going to miss... I wonder how it's going to be when you don't know me..

How's it going to be when you're sure I'm not there

How's it going to be when there is no one to talk to, between you and me

'Cause I don't care

How's it going to be

I threw my iPhone across the room, blinded and upset, both headphones flying out of my ears. It landed on the floor with a small whump.

"Shit." I breathed as I scrambled off my bed to the floor to retrieve it.

I then tossed it back on my bed and sank to the floor, laying my head in my hands. Yesterday was hard. I didn't sleep at all that night. Tossing and turning in bed, thinking about her and what we had talked about. The whole thing was rough for the both of us. It was nothing against her of course, it was just that I didn't want her to get involved with everything. I know that seems a little selfish but it's for her and her families own good. I don't want the high life of the rich and famous to interrupt their lives.

Claire especially.

She's a beautiful person and deserves everything other than this.

I don't know what to do anymore...

After hearing what she said to me last night, I couldn't help but feel shocked in a way. No one has ever been that honest to me about their feelings before.

I do know now, that I am in love with her..

Claire's POV

I sat on the driveway with my camera in hand, staring up at the sky wondering how it would be if I could fly and get away from here for a while. I sighed softly and turned on my camera as I stood up. Walking to the middle of the street, I held up my camera so that it could get the length of the long winding road with the huge white clouds. Feeling satisfied with my couple shots, I returned back to my spot on the slightly warmed driveway. I then set the camera down next to me gently and picked up my knees, draping my arms on top casually.

I played with my fingers as I thought about my latest conversation with Taylor..

It was three in the afternoon and we had not talked at all today. Which was a major first for us. No texts, no calls, no nothing. I was worried. Worried about what I had said, what had happened. I didn't want this friendship to break just because I didn't think before I spoke. That was just a stupid mistake that I will not ever do again. Even though I was trying to get my point across about how I felt and how he felt. Though he did say that he liked me and things... he said that his life style would ruin mine. That was a set back for me.

A throat cleared and I turned my head, looking up to see Taylor standing in his swim suit with a white T-shirt covering his torso. I looked to the side, avoiding his eyes, feeling childish. He slowly sat down next to me, sitting in the same position as I was and began speaking first since I was acting silent.

"Hey... um.. so I thought about.. yesterday, and I still don't know." His voice soft.

I swallowed, my mouth bone dry. "So what does that mean?" still looking at the ground.

"Like I said. I don't know..."

"Taylor, you have to tell me something better than that. Please." My voice began to break. "I-I.. why can't we just try this? While we're still here... We can worry about other things later.. Right?" I made myself look at him this time. He was looking at me with that same unreadable expression I had seen when I first laid eyes on him weeks ago. He then wiped something wet off my cheek and put his arms around me, pulling me into his body. I hadn't noticed that I had started crying. My tears stained his shirt as his grip tightened around me.