First Run In With The Paps

Chapter Twenty:

Claire's POV

It was ten to eleven by the time we dressed again and checked out. I was kinda bummed that I had to put my dress back on. I felt like wearing sweats and a comfy T-shirt, though I didn't have those at the moment. And I was also kind of embarrassed by the fact that if there were going to be a lot of people down at the lobby...

Just cause they would see me, my curly hair tied in a lazy ponytail, carrying my hell heels in one hand, no make up.

Then see Taylor, with his fuzzy messed up hair but still managing to be absolutely perfect.

Probably thinking that we had a steamy one nightstand.

Which I don't think would be good for Taylors image, or media wise is more like it. Though when we did walk through the lobby area...

"Oh. My. God. Its... Its, Taylor Lautner!"

We both whipped our heads to the right - giving me whiplash - seeing three energetic teenage girls scurrying up to us. Taylor smile happily and waved, though I felt sorta out of place.

"Can we get y-your autographhh?" one of them stuttered, a tall blonde.

"We loved you in New Moon, Taylor!" A shorter brunette smiled widely.

"Why thank you so much. And, sure." Taylor kept his million dollar smile on his face, laughing occasionally.

I wonder if I ever acted like this.. It was weird to be on the other side of things.

"Thank you!" all of them giggled, glee filled their wide eyes. Then they turned to me, handing me the paper Taylor had just signed. I just stood there, utterly confused.

"Yours too, please!" the shorter brunette grinned at me.

I smiled in shock and looked at Taylor from the corners of my eyes. Though taking the paper and pen and scribbling down my name. Wow, my first ever autograph.

I gave it back, "Here you go." I chuckled.

The third girl, who hadn't talked throughout this whole thing; though having a cute angel like smile on her round face. She looked the youngest out of the three, freckles covering her pale face, walked up to me and I bent down so that she could whisper in my ear.

"Are you two dating?" her voice soft.

I smiled sweetly and whispered back, "Just between you, me and Taylor.. Yes. We are."

She giggled and gave me a hug, which I tightly hugged her back.

We then posed for a group picture, then said goodbye and they flitted off talking excitingly amongst themselves.

Taylor was still grinning at my face, seeing that I was still in somewhat awe that they would want to ask for me also. Though I thought that the little girl was the cutest girl I had ever seen. Having the courage to ask that very question. I didn't have the strength to deny her like that. But I knew that we would have to start announcing it and saying that it was true.. Which scared me a little.

We walked out of the hotel, only to run into loads of paparazzi. Flashes going off every second, everywhere you turned there would be someone shouting a question at you.

"Hey Taylor! Who's this girl now?"

"Sweetie! What's your name!"

"Taylor! Better hold onto her tight!"

"At least she doesn't have the same name as you, eh Tay?"

"How do you know..?"

"I don't know, just guessing.. All his girls can't possibly be named Taylor."

Taylor wrapped himself around me, holding me close to his body as we made our way to his car.

Once in, the mob piled around the front of the car, continuing to take shots of us.

"Claire, I'm so sorry." he apologized, buckling his seatbelt.

I chuckled and shook my head, "Um.. Its alright actually. Just something I have to get used to I guess."

He smiled and stuffed the key into the ignition, firing up the car and pulling out of the lot quickly.

I then texted my mom, telling her that we were on our way home.

She immediately replied back:

Okay! Are you alright though? Taylor called us and told us what happened.

I sighed and typed out my response:

Yes, I'm fine. No need to worry. Listen, I'll talk to you later okay? Love you.

A couple minutes later, my phone buzzed in my lap:

Ok, love you too! Be safe!

"So how was your first signing experience?" Taylor smiled at me as we drove down the highway.

"Incredible but confusing." I laughed.

"Why confusing?" he said turning his head back then changing lanes.

"I don't know.. Just cause, I didn't think I belonged in that sort of situation." I mumbled honestly.

"What? Of course you belong. You're amazing and deserve a ton of autographs." he chuckled, taking my hand.

"Its not about the autographs Taylor." I looked at him. His smile faded and he peeked at me from the corner of his eye. "Nobody even knows that we're together. But after today, I think the rumors will start flying.. I.. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm prepared for all of it." I swallowed.

Taylor sighed, squeezing my hand reassuringly. "You're going to be great. And believe my Claire, they'll love you. Everyone will. I promise you." The car had stopped due to the slight traffic in front of us, and he leaned over mending his lips to mine. I laid my free hand on his cheek, my eyebrows pushing down into a line.

"Thank you.." I half smiled as I pulled away, leaning against the head rest.

"Trust me baby, it'll be fine." he brought our molded hands up to his mouth, kissing my hand.

I smiled, closing my eyes, slowly letting the low purr hum me to sleep...

Taylor's POV

I exited the highway, driving down a small slope and into town. I sighed, stopping at a red, feeling slightly tired and leaned back against the seat. I then turned my head to the side and saw that Claire was still asleep. It was an unexpected date that's for sure. Not really what I had planned but I still hoped she had a good time. The light went green and I sped forward, turning into a small parking lot with a gas station.

I shut the engine off and stepped out, walking round and grabbing a gas pump, placing into the hole. I crossed my arms and leaned against my car, waiting. A few more cars pulled up, the people gazing over at my car and at me. I smiled faintly at them and ran my fingers through my hair. A group of girls that were sat in their car looked like they were about to explode as they stared wide eyed at me. I swallowed at their excitement, though heard the low click of the pump and sighed in relief.

After paying, I walked casually back around to my side and slid in, also noticing that Claire hadn't moved an inch since I had left. I chuckled under my breath and scooted over, kissing her cheek softly. She stirred lightly but then sighed and went back to sleep.