Over Protection

Chapter Thirty Nine:

Claire's POV 

Bee held me inside him once in the parking space I had chosen right in front of the quaint Corner Bakery. He rumbled from underneath me as I sat in my seat, my hand holding the buckle of my seatbelt.

My heart began beating rapidly unknowingly. It was random.

I then let out a huge gust of air I guessed I'd been holding for the past thirty seconds.

Trying to shake off the rather stupid nerves, I turned the key, shutting the engine off.

I stepped out grabbing my purse and straightening out my V-neck maroon shirt over which I was still wearing Ashley's wonderful skinny jeans.

Through the time that I had taken walking into the restaurant, Taylor was on my mind. His protective energy filled my body which was probably making me nervous in the first place. I just had to be myself with this 'friend' -friendly, funny, lovable, carefree- and know that Taylor was the one who said that this was alright.

Slowly, I found myself standing just feet away from Jack.

He was sat in a small booth, studying a menu. His hair was gelled loosely in a little flip, wearing plain faded jeans, a white T-shirt and some pretty cool yellow high tops.

God. Guys dressing so casual like that was my major weakness. Beside Taylors puppy dog eyes.

He's a friend. He's a friend. He's a friend.

My thoughts scattered as he turned, finally noticing my presence. Those green pupils of his looked directly into mine. As if he had forgotten about our conversation last night about our friendly state. Though the weirdest sensation took full control over my body. Goosebumps yeah, but I felt oddly lighter. Like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. He stood slowly and somewhat pulled me into a small hug. Grins all around, I took my place on the cushion across from him.

Taylor's POV

"You think Claire's gonna be alright?" I mumbled to a now annoyed Kristen.

We we're just hanging out on the large leather couch, drinking some fruit smoothies from Starbucks. What would we do without it?

"C'mon Taylor, you're talking my ear off with all your worrying."

I rolled my eyes at her, taking a long sip from the straw. "Don't blame me for being a little irritated by the fact that she and this person met.. and... and now are having lunch?"

"Stop being so over controling. It's not like you at all." She stared at me. "And plus, I know that she can take care of herself and the people around her."

"Maybe you're right.." I groaned, throwing my head back against the couch. I hated when people were right and wasn't.

"You know I am." I could guess from her tone that she was smiling.

I took a peek at her and let out a small laugh. "I'm just acting like a jerk aren't I." She nodded dramatically in agreement. "Saying who Claire should and shouldn't hang out with.. It's not like I'm her parent.."

Reminding myself of what I had said to her last night. Before I knew that her friend was a guy.

'That's all? You know you don't have to ask me if you can go.. I'm not your legal guardian.' My own voice echoed through my mind. Bumps raised slightly at the memory.

"Hey, so, I saw somewhere that someone in this exact house was supposedly pregnant?" Her eyebrows pushed down into a short line as she had changed the subject to a rather more serious one.

"Um," I swallowed, looking down at my raspberry smoothie. "She's not. I swear to you, Kristen." I looked back up.

"Okay, thank god."

I raised an eyebrow, "But if she was, wouldn't you be happy for her? For us?"

"Well, yes, but I mean.. She's just... really young still." She said taking another sip.

"We were pretty freaked of the idea of possibly being parents. But when she took that test, and came out of that bathroom smiling..." I shook my head as I spoke, feeling the memory seeping back into my brain cells. "I knew we would be alright. And be able to get through anything."

"I've always imagined you with kids Taylor. You're going to be a great Father when the time comes." She smiled widely from across the couch.

I smiled to myself.

"So anyways, you guys finally did it?" Her expression grew excited, though I could tell that she was laughing underneath it all at the look on my face.

"Yeah, yeah.." I grabbed one of the couch pillows and tossed it at her.

"And? How was it!" Her laugh rang through the entire house.

"Oh God, Kristen! You know, it just got really awkward in here..."

"You know you like it." Her laughs turned to quiet giggles.

"Of course." I chuckled sarcastically.

One of my shorter ones :/ Sorry! The next will hopefully be longer....... this story will get more exciting I promise :) Comment for me and vote tons! xo