Secrets Unleashed

Chapter Fifty Eight:

Claire's POV

It was a boiling August afternoon, slowly turning to evening. The house though was just as confusing as my body. Upstairs, the heater was on; downstairs the AC was on full blast. As for me, my upper body got cold so easily now a days so I usually wore some of Taylor's sweatshirts, which covered most of me. And my legs were always space heaters. I didn't fully understand everything that was happening but I guessed that it was "supposed" to be all apart of a normal pregnancy.

Two and a half months along, I'm at the point where it's barely noticeable, but you can still sort of see a roundness to me. I hadn't told anyone really yet.. Just waiting for the right time you could say. Well yes, three months would be my limit.

We planned out to go visit my family and Taylor's parents over his break next month and tell them the news. It's been a bit hard to keep the secret for so long but I felt like I wanted to know that everything was going as smooth as possible first, just to put my worries aside. I wanted to know myself that my baby was well and healthy.

It was about three thirty when I heard Taylor descending down the stairs. I continued washing the remaining dishes that were in the sink. Moments later, I immediately smelled the fresh sense of Axe body wash, and possibly a small, slight taste of Calvin Klein cologne. Taylor's arms flew around my waist, wrapping gently around my stomach as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I smiled to myself and set the dish down, grabbing a towel to dry my hands.

"I have to go meet up with Kristen and Rob for some lunch." he whispered huskily.

I swirled around to face him, our bodies completely pressed together. My eyes watched his pupils widen at my sudden gaze, though a grin grew from the corners of his mouth.

"You look cute."

I squinted up at him, my eyebrow raised. "Seriously? A messy bun, boxer shorts, and your Quiksilver hoodie? Okay.."

"Well... yeah." I huffed, but he went on. "But hey, you can see a little more of our baby girl now." His goofy grin quickly turned sweet. It made me smile and down at the tiny bulge coming from my lower abdomen.

We've been to the doctor about five-eight times now, and finding out about the sex just our last appointment. We were completely and extremely excited to learn that it was a girl. I could easily tell from these first two months, just because she wasn't really as active as I would think a boy would be.. Though you never know.. It's only been two months right?

Morning sickness didn't last very long either, which I was truly grateful for. Five weeks of that and I was done.

We also had randomly started talking about names.. I was almost stricken with having to use the name Lily, but Taylor suggested one that won me over instantly.

Danielle.

I knew that we couldn't just discuss over less than ten names and find the right one already. Though I kept that.. that special one safe for later.

He laid both his hands on either side of my waist and I slowly returned my stare up to his face. Reaching up to mend my lips with his soft, warm ones. I could feel him smiling against me, having butterflies roam inside. Or maybe that was just the baby. Saying 'Be safe up there mommy and daddy!'. Seconds ticked by and I felt a sudden force come from him, his hands grabbed my wrists, pushing me backwards and into the counter. It was a bit rough but that gentleness within him remained. Deep down, I was really enjoying this side of him, but I knew this wasn't what I needed right now...

"Hey," I released my lips from his teeth, uneven breaths coming from the both of us. "you said you had to go right?" I smiled warily.

"Right." He chuckled. "I'll call you when I'm on my way home, okay?"