Fireworks

Chapter Two:

 Claire's POV

 I heard a low knock at the door. I stood up stiffly from the couch, leaving my family while they watched TV. They didn't seem to notice that I had even moved. Odd.

 Keeping to themselves, I walked out of the family room and made my way to the door. Opening it, I gasped.

 It was Taylor?

 I swallowed, now somewhat nervous with butterflies filling my stomach. Feeling really uneasy so suddenly.

 He looked rather nervous himself - stuffing one of his hands in his pocket - though he smiled at me with a warmth to it, which made me blush.

 Wait, no! I can't be falling for him.. I just... can't...

 I bit my bottom lip, sensing the awkward silence between us. We hadn't even spoken a word yet.. He shifted his weight, looking down at his feet. I then leaned on the door for some much needed support. I didn't know why I was feeling this way all of a sudden.

 He looked up slowly at me through those long dark lashes of his... I tried to resist... but his deep hazel eyes captured me within a second.

 We were now staring deeply into each others eyes. Though it was dead silent. I felt as if we were communicating somehow through our eyes and minds.

 I felt oddly connected; in sync with him. It was the most unreal thing I had every experienced in a very long time. My breathing picked up, as did my heart beat. Without warning, I grinned. Not even thinking about it. He returned it, adding a wink.

 I would've started talking, but I had just figured out that all this... was a dream.

 Rolling out of bed, still majorly drowsy, I hit the hardwood floor making a low thud. "Ahhh.." I moaned.

 What was with all the pain now?

 I rubbed my head and sat up slowly. It was pitch black in my room, except for the dim glow of the moon shining through my window. I then saw that I had slept in my clothes.

 "Great.." I said sarcastically.

 That got me wondering what time it was... I got to my feet quickly and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. "2:15 in the morning?" I exclaimed a little too loudly.

 Yawning, I noticed another "awesome" thing I forgot to do. Unpack.

 I got my jamies out and changed, then walked out of my room to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and got a bottled water, then made my way back down the dark hallway quietly - stumbling from time to time - and into my bedroom.

 Sitting on the edge of the bed, I thought carefully about my dream. Though I wasn't positive about what it meant, I knew that I had to admit to myself that I did have a slight crush on him now...

 I couldn't stop thinking about him. His eyes... his hair... his... smile.

 It was glued in my mind. Those two images of him were burned into my brain like nothing else. Him shirtless in the driveway, and smiling up at me from his backyard.

 Minutes later, I had guessed that my mind wasn't working too properly. Due to it being late at night. Meaning, that the dream did tell me that I liked him in that way. Feeling all those weird things and him smiling at me that way...

 While that part confused me, I just laughed at myself and climbed over towards the back of the bed, getting underneath the covers. As soon as I got comfy, I stared out the window.