Warm Welcomings

Chapter Ten

Claire's POV

"Well I'm going to bed.." My mom blurts out, before yawning like my cat. Big, weird, and loud.

I stared at her and then turned to my dad, who was just sitting on their bed flipping through channels. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay up?" He asked for the millionth time.

"Yes. Actually, Taylor should be here in a minute, so go to bed. It's late anyways.."

It was late. Almost 12:30 in the morning. My mom had already curled underneath the covers and mumbled something like...

"Tell... Taylor, I said... hi.." Before she closed her eyes and she was completely out. I guess she was tired.

My dad soon gave up and climbed under the covers as well.

"Goodnight.." I whispered, walking quietly towards the door.

"Night.." He yawned massively.

I laughed under my breath and shut the door as silently as I could. Then let out a sigh in relief that my father wouldn't be waiting up for my boyfriend... Awkward much? I dunno.

I tip toed down the stairs and sat, waiting on the bottom step. Already in my pajamas, wearing some boxer shorts and a Auburn Tigers football jersey, all I had to do was wait for that dream car holding my prince to arrive.

My eyes slowly began to droop as I leaned against the wall for support. A couple more minutes.. and he'll be here... Man, even my thoughts were sleepy.

Five minutes later, I faintly heard the low purr of a familiar sounding car. Not that I've ever been right next to an R8 before, but some things you just know..

I sat up and rubbed my eyes sleepily, focusing on what was outside.

Standing up, I walked forward and peered out the window. Sure enough, I saw Taylor stepping out of his car with a duffel bag in his hand.

My heart raced so suddenly that it hurt my chest. I unlocked the front door and practically sprinted down the steps.

"Taylor!" I screamed. I didn't care really if I woke people up. Probably should have though, but with the adrenaline was pumping through my viens, I couldn't think straight.

Taylor glanced up as he walked around his car and towards me, a huge smile drawn across his beautiful face. I jumped up into his arms, wrapping my legs tightly around his waist. We both laughed and smiled lovingly at each other.

"Hey.." He said softly, leaning his forehead on mine.

"Hi." I smiled shyly, looking deeply into his hazel eyes.

"I've missed you.." I whispered as I stroked his cheek.

"Same here. You don't know how annoyed Makena was until I left.." He chuckled.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well... because I wouldn't shut up about you."

Butterflies began fluttering around my stomach. "Aww, that's sweet."

He blushed a light red, that was easily shown by the street lamps. I smiled and grazed his lips gently with my own. He set me down, as well as the bag he was holding, placing his hand on my waist. I took in his aroma as I inhaled a breath in through my nose.. Axe? Yummy smelling stuff that is.

I pulled away and smirked at him, which he kindly returned.

"Oh, I almost forgot.. You have to park in our driveway. Some rule is that you can't have your car parked on the curb overnight.." I shrugged.

"Weird... but okay." He chuckled and got out his keys again.

"Yeah I know. But it's probably a good thing for this car in particular.."

"Why," His face grew confused almost.

I laughed. "Because it would most likely get stolen!"

"Ahh, yes. You are right about that.." He shook his head and stepped inside the car.

I walked up to the passenger window, and he rolled it down. Leaning on door, I told him where and how to get to the back. He nodded and I said that I would meet him there.

I slowly retreated back into the house, hearing the roar of his cars engine echo throughout the neighborhood. I walked through the dark hallways of the sleeping house and into the garage, hitting the button that opens the garage door. Taylor was soon there, pulling into the driveway behind my moms Audi.

We then walked hand in hand back into my house.

"Wow, so I guess I'm not the only one whose a fan of Audi's.." He smiled, noticing that my dad has a gray A4 and my mom has a dark gray A3.

I laughed a little. "Yeah, my dad is dying to get his hands on the new S5. His car right now is kinda falling apart.." I said leading him into the guest bedroom.

"Oh yeah, those ones are nice."

I nodded and sat on the bed. "I know. But they are just so expensive.."

He set his bag down. "Yeah, but at least he has a dream."

I smiled and shrugged. "True... Well, this is your room for the weekend."

He looked around and chuckled. "Nice. Thanks."

I yawned again, "No problem... Oh god, I'm tired. You should be too!"

"Yeah I guess. Traffic was pretty bad.." He grinned and did something that would make me go crazy if I were thirteen again.. He unzipped his jeans, pulling them off and leaving them on the floor.

Wow. Taylor Lautner in his boxers. Not bad. Not bad... at all..

"Oh, do you mind?" He asked as he was getting into bed next to me.

"Um..." Was all I started out with. "Well this is my parents house.. uh.. I-" I started babbling but then getting cut off by yet again, another monsterous yawn.

"Jesus, Claire. Get under here, you need to sleep."

"The only thing is that I don't think I would be able to..." I mumbled. Why not? It's not like my mom was gonna barge in at 7 in the morning.

Well maybe my dad would. Though he thinks I'm asleep in my own room. Shh.

I followed his orders and snuggled underneath, he wrapped his arms around me as I buried my head in his chest.

He laid his head on top of mine as we breathed deeply together. "Taylor,"

"Yeah?" He murmured into my hair.

My breaths began coming out hoarse and shaky as I thought about what I was going to say.

"What is it?" He moved lower to look into my eyes.

My heart was beating so fast as well as my pulse. I couldn't keep myself together, though I had to. To be able to say this correctly. His eyes were burning into my sockets, full with wonder and confusion, though I thought I saw a flicker of something that had him knowing what I was about to say.

"I..I.." I stammered.

He shushed me softly, pulling me closer against his body. Like he was telling me 'Tomorrow, you can tell me tomorrow.'.

Everything eventually slowed down to normal and I began drifting off in his strong arms. Feeling comfortable and safe now that he was with me again.