Taylor's Angry Side

Chapter Seventeen:

Taylor's POV

As soon as I left Claire, breathless and sweaty from our dance, I then regretted it. Why did I just leave my girlfriend in the middle of the club by herself? Dammit.

I sprinted over to the bar and leaned on the counter. "Two martini's, on the rocks." The waiter nodded, flipping a dishtowel over his shoulder.

I sat myself on the bar stool, laying my head in my hands. I've never seen her move like that before, nor have I ever danced like that with a girl. Seeing her glide around the floor, moving her hips in that way... Had my throat go completely dry. My thing down below was throbbing like crazy, wanting more of it. I slipped my hand underneath, laying it on top. I groaned, and tried thinking of something else...

I had wanted to tell Claire something.. but wasn't sure when was the best time. Maybe her birth-

"What the?" I whipped my head around, hearing screams. Coming from the area where we just were. Where she was...

"Shit." I jumped off the stool quickly, the waiter calling after me with the drinks. I ran towards the middle of the floor, pushing couples out of my way. A few gasping at who just pushed them, some flashes went off which I could see from the corners of my eyes. Man, this would be everywhere. Finally through, there I saw, Claire lying on the floor. Knocked out with droplets of blood flowing from her plump lip. Her eyes would flicker open and close off and on. Narrowing my eyes, I looked up, seeing the guy who had done this to her. I took less than two steps up to him, grabbing a tuft of his greasy hair and looking him straight in the eyes. Anger fueling through me.

"What the fuck, you bastard! What the hell did you do to her!" I roared in his face. Everyone around us shuddered at the sound of my voice. I would to, I didn't feel like being bothered right now. Though the scums face never cowarded.

"Hey, yer' that wimpy kid from Twilight." oh hell, he had the nerve to laugh.

That set me off, and I just served him a knuckle sandwich. He hit the floor with a thud, never moving again. I cracked my knuckles in my palm, satisfied. People cheered then went back to dancing like nothing even happened. The music had never stopped playing...

My eyes then caught sight of the one I loved. I crouched in front of her unmoving body and shook her gently. "Claire...?" my voice broke. What did he do to her? Why did I even leave her side...

I kept saying her name but no reply came from her. A few couples around us were still watching, seeing whether she was... I didn't want to think it. With that, I scooped her up in my arms bridal style, as gently as I could. Standing back up, her whole body was lifeless; limp and laying out of my arms. I shook my head, the worst flowing into my head, and ran out of the club.

Some people who were still in line outside, gasped and pointed as I strolled by. Some giggled and screamed my name, but I kept my pace and headed to the restaurant. Once the valet caught sight of me, he immediately got out the keys and went to fetch my car. I sighed as I waited in the front, stroking Claire's hair out of her face. I could hear her low steady breathing, which brought some light to this situation. I pecked her softly and lovingly on her forehead once my car arrived. He opened the passenger door for me, asking no questions thankfully, and I set her inside; buckling the seatbelt around her body.

"Thanks." I gave him 10 bucks, before running around to my side and climbing in.

I then sped off to the hospital. She might have just fainted, but I wasn't a doctor or anything so I wasn't sure. She was strong, and I knew she would pull through.

********

I was sat beside Claire, whom was laying on a hospital bed. I held her hand tightly, waiting anxiously for her to wake.. She still hadn't responded to anything the doctor had done. Which worried me. I laid my forehead down on the sheets next to her still body, and squeezed my eyes shut. 

They had said that she might have been just dehydrated or something and passed out. But for this long?

The only sounds in the small room was both our breathing, mine raged and hers deep... And the large monitor that was sitting in the corner next to her bed. The steady beeping let me know that her heart was still there.. Beating strongly.

I had called her parents a while ago, letting them know what had happened and that I was able to take care of it. Though struggling a bit with Mark on a couple things, but they eventually calmed down.

It was 1:30 in the morning and I was growing more and more tired. With my lids drowsy, I didn't know how long I could keep them open. Until a flicker of hope kept them open for as long as I could think.

Claire's fingers began twitching from beneath my own fingers. My eyes shot open as a gust of air flew out of my mouth. They continued moving, till finally gripping onto my hand. I looked up at her slowly to see her eyelids blinking open quickly and looking at me.

"Claire..." I breathed in total relief.

She took a big breath in and felt her head with her free hand. "T-taylor... Ow.."

"Shhh.." I crooned, scooting closer to the bed in my chair, I stroked her hair softly. "I'm so glad you're awake. You don't know how much you scared both me and your parents.."

"What happened?" she mumbled.

"Some asshole messed with you and you passed out... I came and took him out and then brought you here." I explained.

Claire sat up slowly, carefully propping herself against the pillows. "Oh my god. I.. I only remember dancing with you.. Then being on the floor, slowly fading away.."

The way she put it like that, sounded like she was dying.

"Well at least you're awake right?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Um, yeah." she groaned. "Wait, you said... my parents?"

I nodded slowly, "Yes... I had to call them eventually since.. well you couldn't. To let them know why we weren't home by midnight."

"Oh geez... What did my dad say?" she gasped.

I chuckled nervously, remembering. "Uhh, just that it was irresponsible of me to leave you like that, even for a minute, and to even bring you to a club in the first place." she moaned, but I went on. "Though I, uh, apologized and said that I wasn't too proud myself for letting you get into danger like that... And he quickly said he was sorry for overreacting and all.." I sighed.

She laid her forehead in the palm of her other hand and sighed. "It's been a long night..."

"It has." I leaned back into the chair, feeling that I was about to pass out myself.

"Doc says that we could leave as soon as you woke.." I whispered, rubbing her hand with my thumb. "Can grab a hotel room for tonight since its so late..." Yawning towards the end.

She peeked at me and smiled, "I'm up for that."

Wow, Claire's back.

I laughed, shaking my head. "Okay, then lets get the hell out of here."