Anxiety Hour

Chapter Thirty

Taylor's POV

My heart was beating out of my chest as the thoughts of her words continued stirring in my mind. I was still holding her tightly in my arms, hopefully comforting her, though all I could worry about was her. Was she pregnant or was it just a dream?

I got hold of her shoulders and turned her towards me, looking into her frightened eyes. I took a nervous breath in, feeling a large knot in the pit of my stomach starting to form.

"Are you pregnant?"

She stared at me, her mouth halfway open, shaky breaths coming out. "I-i don't know.."

My eyes drooped closed, "I'm sure you're not..." I started out slowly.

"Well how would you know?"

"I mean, well, you're on the pill.. right?" My eyebrow raised as I re-opened my eyes.

She nodded timidly in response.

"Then we should be fine.." I muttered still looking at her.

She laid her hands on my chest as well as her forehead. I could feel her deep breaths flowing through her body, I knew that this was hard to take in for her and to be completely honest, I didn't know what do to.

"Should I take a test..? Just in case.." her voice muffled into my skin.

"If that'll make you feel better with this situation, then sure." I stroked her back with my fingers.

"Okay, I'll, uh, go to the drug store right now then..." she lifted her head back up to eye level. I smiled and kissed her gently before she said, "Oh, and can we just keep this between.. us? Just for now."

"Of course." I nodded, taking her hand as she stepped out of the tub. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself. As she started making her way to the bedroom, she stopped in front of the floor length mirror. She stared. I watched as she turned parallel and studied her body from the side. I felt myself sink further into the water, detecting her worry. Her hand brushed down the front of the towel, while the other gripped the fabric up top; the tips of her fingertips strayed just at the middle of her stomach and her eyes flickered to the floor. 

"Claire?" I said. But she didn't move. I got out of the bathtub, the water sloshing with tiny waves.

It scared her even more. She turned around, startled.

I snatched another towel and covered my bottom half, "Whatever happens, remember that I'll always love you."

She tried an attempt of a smile and turned to me full on. I brought my hands to her face, cupping them gently. She gazed at me with nervous eyes, her hand still placed on the flat surface as if she was still searching for something. I laid another delicate kiss on her forehead.

"I know.. and...I'll always love you." She breathed. "No matter what." her deep brown eyes caught mine from under her long lashes, keeping my gaze and my heart together on a leash that was connected with hers.

Claire's POV

I slid on my sunglasses as I gave Taylor one more goodbye kiss before heading out into the garage with the keys to the car that I had never driven yet.. Great. I hopped inside the black Audi and stuck the key into the ignition, firing up the engine with one simple turn, I was soon surrounded by the loud but low purr of this feisty car. If loud but low made any sense at all.. But at least it wasn't like Bella Swan's truck. I would probably go deaf.

I pulled out of the garage easily and out of the driveway, which was a miracle at that, then continued down the street and out the neighborhood. The feeling of the vibrations of the motor under and around me was incredible, I couldn't believe I was actually driving a stick shift Audi R8. And I hated sticks. Though I eventually had to learn because my Dad said that it was mandatory. Whatever, well I guess it came in handy for this eh? Otherwise I would be braking and hitting the gas like a maniac.

I soon made it to the nearest CVS where Taylor had told me, and I was in the correct aisle with the pregnancy tests and such.. I think. I was sorta embarrassed to just be standing here looking for the "right" or most accurate one, so I just grabbed two boxes, one: One Response and the other: Clear Blue. I then flew out of there.

Heading for the check-it-out-yourself counter, placing my items in the bag and paying. I got stopped by a flew people who'd recognized me and took some pictures, though I'd hoped that they didn't see what was in my bag.. That would set off a lot of rumors, and I knew that Taylor and I didn't want that yet. We- I didn't even know that I was even carrying a little being in my stomach!

I hoped I wasn't...

Though I've always dreamed of having a little girl. Cradled in my arms with Mr. Right by my side. But not now. Not at eighteen. I wanted a bright future for myself, a good one. And if I was going to have a baby, I would want the right future for baby Lautner. I think that Taylor would be an amazing father. Considering that he is the funniest guy I've ever known, and very sweet and caring. I'm sure that he would love to have a child- his child in his arms. The only problem was... that we weren't ready for this type of responsibility. I wasn't ready.

Taylor's POV

I started to make a large ditch in the bedroom as I paced back and forth, waiting for Claire to come out of the bathroom with the results. Of course, I was nervous. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a dad yet. I mean, I'm only eighteen and my career is just beginning. But if I were to become one; if Claire were to come out that door and tell me that she was indeed pregnant then I would be absolutely thrilled. I've always imagined having a lot of kids. Married to the right girl and having the greatest life possible.

I've already found the girl.. I knew that part already.

I soon gave up with walking in circles and sat myself down on the bed, laying my head in my hands. I then heard the water running in there.. I wondered if she was close to being done..

The door creaked opened and I shot up to my feet.

"Taylor..." Claire spoke slowly, but with a smile on her face. A sure smile. I knew that smile anywhere. I grinned right back at her and took a few steps towards her.

"It was negative."

We both sighed in relief as we embraced each other with joy.

"Oh god, I'm so glad to hear that!" I exclaimed spinning her around.

Her laughter broke through the thick air, "I know right? My stomach was churning while I was waiting.."

"Tell me about it.." I mumbled, setting her back down. "Are you okay now? Now that we know that there's no baby in there.." I poked her flat stomach.

She took a big breath in and released it back out, smiling. "So much better, Taylor. You know that I want kids, but it's just way too early you know?"

"I completely agree." Nodding, my arms tightening around her.

"I love you.." she whispered, placing her hands on my chest.

"And I love you." I flashed her a smile, leaning down and connecting our lips together happily.