Chapter 1: Rejection

Written by : LunnaMoonlit

Edited by : Monique Szekeres

A/N Warning There may be a few spelling mistakes or grammar errors. Consider yourself duly noted.

.......................................................................................................................

Chapter 1: Rejection

Valentine Winters P.O.V

I was sitting in my history class beyond bored, trying to focus on the most annoying subject EVER. Every time I tried to focus on the lesson, my eye lids would get heavier and heavier. I shook my head while blinking a few times to prevent myself from falling asleep.

"Oh my freaking God, History sucks!! What is this woman even babbling about? I don't even understand a thing she is saying." I mind linked to my pack. Some laughed, others looked at me amused. My Alpha and Beta, they were glaring at me to stop. I look back at them, giving them the “What?!?!” look.

I stuck my middle finger at the teacher while she was writing something on the board in front of us. My pack laughed, looking at me. I am known to be the bad ass of my pack. I have to say that I am pretty good at it. Glancing back at my pack, everyone looked amused, everyone except our Beta, I rolled my eyes at his inability to relax. Even our Alpha was grinning.

'' Is there something that you would like to share with the class Miss Winters?''  Mrs. Berry asked sternly.

Oh crap, I thought. I smile brightly at her and stealthily open my history textbook to the current page.

“Ah, sorry Mrs. Berry, I was just saying that I thought that Julius Caesar looks just like Mr. Bean.” I said as I showed her the picture in the book I was referring to. ‘Good thinking Val’ my wolf Nina yips within me.

'' Last warning Miss Winters, or its detention for you.'' Mrs. Berry retorts then continues on with her lesson.

'' I was just stating my Point'' I protested pouting which made the class to laugh again.

'' Class back to page 220, Miss Winters whatever statement you wish to make, make it after school'' Mrs. Berry told turning back the whiteboard. I stuck my tongue out at her and leaned back in my chair.

'Val, Behave' My Beta, whom is also my over protective cousin, Mark mind linked me. 

'Kill Joy' I mind linked back.

'Val, I'm serious. Don't make me punish you.' He growled through the mind link. His eyes boring into me, drilling in his point that he was serious.

I rolled my eyes again, turning my focus back to the whiteboard. Mark being the Beta of my Pack has the authority to punish me if he felt that I needed it so back to history it is.

I was concentrating on Mrs. Berry and the whiteboard when I caught an amazing fragrance of chocolate peppermint. I began to scan the room to find out where the scent was coming from. Knowing that it was the scent of my destined mate, the anticipation was almost unbearable. Inside me my wolf, Nina, howled with joy and excitement. I kept scanning everyone in the class, until I met his smoldering dark eyes and charming Bad Boy face looking straight at me.

He was wearing a designer black leather jacket with a v neck white t-shirt. His black jeans finishing his ensemble gave him a modern 50’s ‘greaser’ look.  As I took his appearance in, Nina was screaming inside me ‘MATE!!!!’

No, No, No, No, this is so not happening, I thought to myself as I quickly look back to my book letting my blonde hair fall down blocking my face. He has spent my entire grade school years tormenting me every chance he got. Why would the Gods match me with someone so hateful? What have I done so wrong that I deserve him as my mate?