PART 27: Heartbeats

This is by far my favorite chapter, end of the story!

Anyway...

Song on the side "In your eyes" by Darren Hayes :') 

And a picture of Asher cause I missed him :')

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

PART 27: Heartbeats

Avery's P.O.V.

“She laughed,” Dean trailed off.

“She what?!” I asked dumbfounded.

“I didn’t think she would go all ‘I fucking love you’ but…”

Well, things never turn out exactly the way you expected them to. I guess that’s what made most people unhappy.

Life can actually be a real bitch. It won’t stop and ask you if you can; it will just go on. If you can follow, then good, life will take you along. If not, you will just be crashed and unhappy. I think that’s what depression does; it makes you give up on everything- it puts you on a ‘I-cannot-follow’ mode. So, when you fight against depression you actually try to catch up with life again. Life and feelings. But I guess this is not a war you can win all alone…

Asher was with you all the way through, though…

True.

“You need to take this more seriously and tell her exactly how you feel,” I told Dean snapping back to reality and his problem.

Well, if it’s not clear enough, Dean told Hayden that he doesn’t only see her as a ‘fuck buddy’ and she laughed.

“I’m not sure,” he mumbled.

“Taking a risk is never easy… You might end up hurt, broken… even devastated. It’s up to you, though, to decide whether she’s worth it.”

“Is it depression? I mean, fighting against your demons made you wiser, didn’t it?”

I resisted the urge to ask how he knew about my… condition and exhaled loudly before going on.

“No, but it did make me appreciate feelings- sadness, happiness. Especially smiles,” I mumbled smiling at the ground underneath the bench I was sitting on.

Dean wrapped his arms around me.

“You are exactly what Asher Yale needs. Untangle yourself from the past and live. You never know what is going to happen tomorrow. Today is all you have, Avery, and Asher is all you need.”

I blinked a couple of times unable to believe that these words came out of Dean’s mouth.

“Jesus, overthinking fucking hurts,” he groaned rubbing his temples.

“Dean, you’re seriously damaged. And completely in love, may I add.”

“He went to the roof. Now, get off, Ruffle,” he said kissing my cheek.

I don’t know why he called me ‘Ruffle’, seriously.

It was time to talk to Asher, though.

I guess it’s needless to say that I didn’t meet him last night. After my… kiss… with Tristan my feet refused to take me to Asher’s house. I mean, how much of a slut, anyway?

When I woke up this morning, though, everything seems clearer.

I checked my cellphone and realized I had to hurry so that I could find him before the bell.