PART 34: Last Kiss

Hello guys! I really am sorry for not uploading for so long but writer's block is killing me again and again and again. 

So, I really hope you enjoy this!

NOT EDITED!

Part 34: Last Kiss

Avery's P.O.V.

Our hometown was cloudy and rainy for the next week or so as if to match the thunderstorm inside me. When we left the lake that day Asher looked completely lost; he did not utter a single word during the ride back which actually made me want to jump out of the car and run away but I could have never imagined what was about to follow.

He hasn't even spared a glance on me ever since.

I wasn't sure whether this was a way of self defense or whether he really hated me for leaving him when all he ever did was being there for me when I needed him. Not that I could put the blame on him if he did, anyway.

I was making a futile attempt after another. I was desperately trying to cover myself with selfishness and accuse him of not understanding that I could no longer stay but I was failing miserably; again and again. 

After another sleepless night, though, I was determined to make him talk to me. I cringed at the idea of leaving without a goodbye from the best thing that happened to me after Ali's death. But mostly, I cringed at the idea of him fighting against helpless guys to take out his anger. 

I slipped into my black dress and stood in front of the full length mirror to admire how peacefully it matched my soul. I collected the books I needed and shoved them in my schoolbag. I quickly run a hairbrush through my messy hair and then grabbed my combat boots. I climbed down the tree feeling my limbs grind against the branches. My feet -taken from tiredness as they were- refused to co-operate and I practically had to drag myself to school for the last time. 

My eyes were getting watery and the soft music coming from my headphones did not seem to help one bit. 

As I entered the empty building, I had a bone crushing flashback of the feeling I got the first day I walked in this building. The air around me was so heavy and thick that I felt suffocated. The deserted hallways looked more depressing than ever, looking insufficiently illuminated and sounding unbearably quiet.

I dumped my bag in my locker only keeping my sketching block and the book of chemistry I needed for the first period and made my way to my homeroom. 

"Miss McKinnon, are you alright? What are you doing here so early?"

I lifted my head and my dull eyes noticed Mr. House's broad figure leaning against the door-frame. He straightened his posture and walked towards me. 

For a high school teacher he was fairly well-proportioned with his Californian tan and dirty blonde hair that reached his nicely shaped shoulders. If it wasn't for his dressy clothes he would be mistaken for some surfer who was completely out of place. 

"Um, hello. I... Well, it took me less than usual to get ready this morning so..." I trailed off giggling.

The psychology-teacher syndrome was gushing out of him. His eyes were furiously scrutinizing me knowing I was lying. I fought back the urge to hurry out of the classroom and hide somewhere, hoping he would eventually tear his gaze from me. 

"Is there anything you need, sir?" I asked batting my eyelashes once. 

He cleared his throat. "No, I just... You know where my office is if... See you later, Avery," he mumbled, undoubtedly talking more to himself than me. 

Pretty soon the students started entering the premises. The sound of idle chit-chat and cars arriving at the parking lot filled my ears without really giving me a rush of energy mixed with irritation as usual. The school was lively, again. But I was not. 

Asher Yale walked in the classroom running his fingers through his hair. His image reflected confidence and gloriousness. I could see the flame of anger in shining blue orbs and wounded knuckles, though.

He took his regular seat at the desk next to mine and rested his head on the book, facing away from me. I was looking at him with the corner of my eye during the whole period, trying to catch at least a glance from him. Nothing. 

When the bell rang, I picked up my books and run outside to catch Asher. 

"Ash!" I shouted grabbing his arm.

"Not now, Avery."

"I want to talk to you!" I urged him. 

"I said not now," he growled still looking away from me. 

"What the hell, Asher?" I demanded.

"You know what, Avery?" he spat, "This is not some kind of sappy romance. If you want to leave then might as well fucking do it! Don't expect me to beg you to stay," he shouted and walked away with his fists balled next to his sides.

"But I fucking love you," I screamed. 

Everyone in the hallway had stopped to stare at us. I was everything but embarrassed, though. The anger was pulsing in my veins and I could feel my face heat up. I was not giving up. Not this time. 

He stopped on his heels and came back to me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him. My chest crushed against his and my breath accelerated. He stared straight into my eyes and clenched his jaw.  

I breathed in his breath as he rested his forehead against mine. 

"And I fucking love you, too," he mumbled before crushing his lips on mine. 

His lips were soft but I could feel the cut on the right side of his lower lip. It made me want to pull him closer if that was even possible. I bit him hard, demanding permission to deepen the kiss. He frowned before letting his tongue explore my mouth, making my insides melt. He entangled his fingers in my hair and I kissed him harder. There was no energy left inside me. There was not even blood. 

There was just passion and love amd life.

Life, life, life.

He pulled away and took a step back leaving me gasp for air and more of him. 

"So leave," was all he said before making his way to the next class. 

~~~

THANKS FOR READING!

COMMENT and tell me what you think!

VOTE if you liked it!

<3