PART 15: Are you even real?

Dedicated to my little sister who almost broke the windows with her shrieks of happiness when she found out I was going to update so soon! :D Love you girl :*

© All rights reserved.

PART 15: Are you even real?

Real (adj): True and actual; not imaginary, alleged, or ideal.

Avery's P.O.V.

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I saw was the white layer on the ledge of the window.

It was snowing!

I shot up from the bed and looked out of the window. As kids, Ali, Tristan and I used to stick our noses up against the glass of the windows whenever it snowed.

Tristan…

I had missed the boy so much… Ugh! It’s been, how long, five months, since the last time I had thought about him. I had missed how we did everything together. Everything was perfect until…

The tears which blurred my eyes interrupting my thoughts. My fingers were itching. They needed to feel the sense of the little blade on them. I run my fingers over the scars on my hip bone.

I was ready to reach for my razor when I noticed a piece of paper on Asher’s desk which had my name on it.  There was a black rose lying next to it. Even though it was not in bloom, it was still rare and stunning. I unfolded the piece of paper and started reading

“This rose reminded me of you. It is dark and close yet beautiful.

PS. Morning baby girl. I’ll be back around 1pm. Given that I don’t go to school, working out a bit will do good.

PS2. The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. You are beautiful, baby girl.

-Asher

I smiled, brought the rose close to my nose and let its smell fill me up. I was so happy Asher didn’t mind me being the depressed person I was and was always by my side. However, I couldn’t help but wonder when he would get tired and kick me out of his life.

I remember this lyric by Blackfield; we were born to lie.

How was he going to react when he realized I was not just and abused, depressed girl? I mean, there were things I haven’t told him. Things I couldn’t tell him. Then again, was there anything he kept from me? Did he have any secrets I didn’t know?

What he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him.

What I don’t know won’t hurt me.

Right?

Right.

I jumped on the bed and grabbed my copy of ‘Beautiful Chaos’ from the bag with my clothes and started reading.  I seriously loved reading and this book was perfect but after Ali’s death, I never really got the chance to read again.

I kept reading until I felt sort of drowsy. I checked the electronic clock. It was 12:45. Asher was going to be back soon so I decided to go have a shower to wake me up.

I headed to the bathroom and hopped into the tub. I accidentally saw my reflection in the mirror and almost burst into tears. My torso was still black and blue. Well, at least I didn’t have any new cuts. Thanks, Ash.

When I was done, I got out and wrapped my body with a dark red towel and then let my hair down. The mirror was now covered by steam. I started drawing a butterfly on it with my index finger.